Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Removing pollen stains

kaye

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 11:39 pm
I am pretty sure the yellow stains on my dd's new shabbos dress are from pollen. I sprayed with shout and washed twice but the stain is still there. I did not put it in the dryer. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the stain? TIA

zaq

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 12:21 am
google on "removing pollen stains" you'll find many hits including this one:

For washable fabrics, soak the garment in cold water for at least 30 minutes and then rinse thoroughly; repeat these two steps until most of the stain has been removed. You may also add some Oxyclean or another oxygen bleach to the soaking water. If the stain is still present, apply a spot stain remover to the area and wash the garment in the hottest recommended temperature for the fabric.Check the area again before drying the garment – if the stain remains, repeat the stain remover and wash treatment.

If the garment is dry clean only, point out and identify the stain to your professional cleaner. If possible, tell him the type of flower that caused the stain. Lilies are usually the main culprit. If you are using a home dry cleaning kit, be sure to treat the stain with the provided stain remover before putting the garment in the dryer bag.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry