Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
MP3 player- easy to use

ceo

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 11:41 am
Does anyone have any recommendation for a very easy to use MP3 player? Like, an "MP3 for Dummies?"

I don't really use the mp3 for music, usually I listen to various shiurim when I drive to work. I want something that has a screen that's easy to navigate, a way to pause in the middle of a shiur, etc. I don't need video, wi-fi, apps, or anything like that.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 11:42 am
I got a cheap one from ebay (chinese seller) for $18 for exactly that, I didn't bother with the manual. I just pressed the buttons till it did what I wanted. It's not that dummified (no easy labels to see what does what) but I still managed to figure it out (and even better -- teach my husband how to record!) without trying to decipher the manual.
If you're interested, I can see if there is a link on ebay for the same model.

ceo

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 11:53 am
nah, thanks anyway. I am specifically looking for something that is easy to navigate when I am trying to find a specific that I downloaded from a CD or something like that... Does that make sense? Ie- if I have the set of Dina Friedman CDs, and if I specifically want to listen to "Information session from week 20" then I want to be able to find it easily.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 12:01 pm
This has a screen that displays text/video (it even has an e-reader, despite it's miniscule size...wonder who uses that feature!) so you can label things on your computer, and you'd find it, but it might not be what you're looking for.

If you want to borrow mine to try it out, let me know...but yeah, I wouldn't get it unless you knew for sure it did what you wanted it to do.

Kayza

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 2:18 pm
ceo wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendation for a very easy to use MP3 player? Like, an "MP3 for Dummies?"

I don't really use the mp3 for music, usually I listen to various shiurim when I drive to work. I want something that has a screen that's easy to navigate, a way to pause in the middle of a shiur, etc. I don't need video, wi-fi, apps, or anything like that.

Ipod, Zune, Creative all have players with a relatively big screen that's easy to navigate (each one does it differently, but all easy enough.) The iPod Classic has the greatest capacity. The iPod Touch is totally touch screen, which some people love, and some people hate - and some eventually adjust to.

ceo

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 10:35 am
thanks for that suggestion! seems like creative has some reasonable priced ones on amzon in the "zen" line....

http://www.amazon.com/Creative.....t_top

any opinions? it says this has a bookmark feature, which is great for listening to a shiur, and coming back to the same spot later on in the day.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 10:37 am
Can you record? Did you want that option?

(Not all of them have a bookmark option? Mine automatically starts where I left off....I did NO research though.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics