Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Upsherin venue help!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 6:47 am
(posting anon because this will easily id me- and while its not a "private" or "personal" topic- I do not want my IRL friends to know my screen name- u know who u r Wink)

we are currently in the process of remodeling our apt (we live in Manhattan). While normally, I am quite the homebody, but also love to entertain - and would make an upsherin in our apt (we have a very large balcony and would totally make it work, its a more open layout and we've had big parties here before), it is not a possibility since we will be in the midst of construction, I won't have workable ovens, and will have one bathroom for all the guests, no counter space, tools everywhere, furniture in storage, you get the picture.

I don't want to make it at any relatives (parents, in laws) because I just do not like to impose like that, its a lot to ask. I assume we would have about 75 people, and that is a huge favor to ask of someone.

so--we want to find a "location" to make it in. On the one hand, I would want to make it in a park, where kids can run free, and adults can sit and relax, but if it rains, or its loud, or its too hot- doesn't give us any lee-way, so that's out. And also, being that I don't have a workable kitchen right now, I just want to be able to buy food and be done with it...Sad We are open to any restaurants in Brooklyn or Manhattan, ideally we would want s/t with some outdoor space (ie outdoor seating), so it can be more relaxed, rather than a whole indoor event. I think milchigs makes more sense for a Sunday afternoon type thing, but we are open to both. We don't want a Pizza store, or Kosher Delight- we want something a bit more classy/sit-down-ish (and our budget is very flexible- we are willing to spend more, to be in a nicer environment than KD...), but OTOH, don't exactly want prime grill either.
any suggestions?
thanks!

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 9:56 am
a shul?

if you can find one with both in and outdoor areas you can put up a temporary tent type thing in outdoor area so even if it rains, its ok.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics