Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dropped challah in oven - treif?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 8:44 pm
Yes, I'm going to ask a rav.

But has anyone ever had this before? I just dropped a challah on the bottom of my oven. They were on the way out, which means that the oven was definitely hot. There's no noticeable food on it (other than the seeds from the challah), although I guess there could be some burnt on stuff.

What do you think? Kosher or treif?

As I said, I'm going to ask a rav. But I probably won't get an answer until tomorrow, or possibly even the next day...and I really want to know if my challah is probably okay or if it's probably a lost cause.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 8:50 pm
I am pretty knowledgeable and I would not answer that one without knowing a lot more. I think you should either speak to your rav or if you want some instant gratification I know there are kosher hotlines all over new york and lakewood who could tell you better than we.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 8:54 pm
Why would the challah be treif? Is your own treif?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 8:57 pm
My oven has had uncovered milchicks cooked in it, and covered meat (as per our rav's okay).

Things could have dripped on the bottom of the oven. I don't keep it so clean. Last cleaned it probably 2 weeks ago or so.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
My oven has had uncovered milchicks cooked in it, and covered meat (as per our rav's okay).

Things could have dripped on the bottom of the oven. I don't keep it so clean. Last cleaned it probably 2 weeks ago or so.
Definately ask a Sheila. You never know what the answer will be.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen