Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
For how long was the longest simcha you've been to?
Previous  1  2

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jun 06 2011, 2:11 pm
Yocheved84 wrote:
I wanted my Sunday wedding over by 8 PM, though that day I wished it was 9! Either way, I knew that people had to work the next day or travel back to OOT, so I wanted to take how they felt into consideration. (How they feel makes me feel guilty or not.)

I also didn't want to have bags on my eyes and be tired cranky the first night with DH!
Same here. We got married (chuppah was at 12 noon) on a sunday because we had guests driving out of town and a few guests that flew in for the simcha so we wanted them to be able to get home afterwards. BH it was over by 5 or 6.
And whoever said that a jewish wedding is lovely if long (or something like that) dont be so sure that the chatan and / or kallah are enjoying it all. I know that a lot of the time during my wedding, I was thinking "this is nice but when will it be over and then I can be with my 2 second old new husband" Smile

cm

Post Mon, Jun 06 2011, 2:53 pm
amother wrote:
Wow... you consider after 11 late for bensching?? Most weddings I go to dinner is served at 11! True, theyre not called for 3.. but who in the world would expect to be home from a wedding by 7pm???

I think we live on different planets - or at least are from different generations; you sound like you are full of youthful energy. In my world, a standard catering hall contract is for four or five hours or so, although you can arrange for extra time. An early afternoon wedding is over by early evening. An evening wedding - I leave after the soup. Some of us get tired. I can't spend another day or two recovering from being a wedding guest. I honestly don't have time or energy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics