Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Have you ever done this?
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 10:56 pm
Never. You're deceiving your guests, but worse, you're **fooling** yourself.

Bliss

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 11:05 pm
I wouldn't. Lying is not my thing.

Happy18

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 11:11 pm
mommyla wrote:
Alice was to bake a cake for the church ladies' group bake sale, but she forgot to do it until the last minute. She baked an angel food cake and when she took it from the oven, the center had dropped flat. She said, "Oh dear, there's no time to bake another cake." So, she looked around the house for something to build up the center of the cake. Alice found it in the bathroom ... a roll of toilet paper. She plunked it in and covered it with icing.

The finished product looked beautiful, so she rushed it to the church. Alice then gave her daughter some money and instructions to be at the sale the minute it opened and to buy that cake and bring it home. When the daughter arrived at the sale ... the attractive cake had already been sold.

Alice was beside herself. A couple of days later, Alice was invited to a friend's home where two tables of bridge were to be played that afternoon. After the game a fancy lunch was served, and to top it off, the cake in question was presented for dessert. Alice saw the cake, she started to get out of her chair to rush into the kitchen to tell her hostess all about it, but before she could get to her feet, one of the other ladies said, "What a beautiful cake!"

Alice sat back in her chair when she heard the hostess (a prominent church member) say ... "Thank you; I baked it myself."

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Just another reason not to take credit for other peoples work.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 11:23 pm
I have not done this but I have given recipes to people and eat there as they told people of THEIR oh so simple recipe that they thought of on the top of THEIR heads.
Some people say they made up a recipe when I know it comes from a cookbook.
It ticks me off sometimes but then I remember that they must really need that recognition if they're willing to lie for it.

observer

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 11:24 pm
No. Never done that and don't plan on it.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 11:26 pm
nope. I even tell when I got the recipe from someone else. I like to give credit where credit is due. I'm good at plenty on my own that I don't need to take credit for the accomplishments of others.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette