Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
WWYD? Possible Bedbugs at Work

Would you return to work or tell the boss you are not coming back until he has the bedbugs checked out?
Will return to work  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Won't return at all  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Will return once he gets the issue checked out & resolved  
 60%  [ 3 ]
Will return to work but take necessary precautions  
 40%  [ 2 ]
other  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

happy2beme

Post Mon, Jul 18 2011, 10:15 pm
Today, I got to work & my boss said that the cleaning lady found a bed bug. It was on the floor (not carpeted) near the copier. He said he doesn't think it was a bedbug since they're nocturnal & usually on beds & baseboards. The cleaning lady says her house was infested 3 yrs ago & therefore knows what it looks like.
So today I put garbage bags on top of my chair & put my pocketbook in a bag too. I asked the boss if he's calling an exterminator. He said no, he doesn't think it's anything.

What would you do?

Go to work or tell him you won't return until he gets it checked out?
What other precautions can I take?
Thx!

Happy18

Post Mon, Jul 18 2011, 11:24 pm
He should definitely get the office checked!!! Even if it is nothing its better to be safe than sorry when it comes to bed bugs.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 19 2011, 4:31 pm
From my understanding, it is very very hard to see a bedbug. They are about the size of a kernel of rice, and only come out when it's dark, and they live in cloth or material. For her to have seen one is highly unlikely.. Having said that, knowing how destructive bedbugs can be, I definitely would be apprehensive to go back to work knowing there may be bedbugs. Maybe you can call an exterminator, describe what was seen, and find out how much an evaluation would be. I wonder if according to state law the boss is obligated to get it treated. I am sure the boss's wife (if he has one) wouldn't want him bringing them home either, so if an exterminator thinks it's worth an evaluation, use that to urge him as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics