Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Personalities that go with names?
Previous  1  2

JollyMommy

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 2:40 am
this is so interesting!

so far agree with the comments about Levi and Yehuda (I have one and he's just like this)

what do you say about "estee" ? in my experience they're all very happy people.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 7:43 am
chocolate chips wrote:
All the rivkas I know (inc. my sis!) are stubborn personalities.
Dont think im gonna name my kid rivka Wink

My daughter is a Rivka, and she is wonderful. She's stubborn, but not in a bad way. Just very determined and knows her own mind. She'll never be anyone's fool!

She lives up to her name perfectly. From the time she was old enough to push a chair up to the kitchen sink, she'd get a glass of water and bring it to me at my computer desk while I was working. I never had to ask for water, she'd just see if my cup was empty, and bring me some! I think she was just about 3 at that time, too! She always makes sure that the dogs have enough water, and will refill their bowls before I even notice they're running low. When we have company over, the first thing she does is RUN to get them glasses of water. I'm usually the lousy hostess who will forget to ask if they want anything, and Rivka's already got them all set up.

Her main strengths are charity, empathy, and a love of creatures that are dependent on us for survival. I'm very honored to have her as my kid. Very Happy

imamama

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 9:09 am
I find a lot of Sarahs are very outgoing people.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 9:34 am
well I don't know how far one can go into detail about the names, ie. trivialising like so and so is funny, one is grumpy etc, but there is definitely detail about a person from their name, I mean that's a basic belief isn't it? our name contains some spiritual power, isn't that why it's said the only time a person is given any sense of prophecy is at the moment they name their child? it's the character Hashem wants us to have throughout our life...no?

observer

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 9:55 am
Ruchel wrote:
Do people differentiate between David and Dovid and Duvid? I'm curious!

My mom is Miriam (well with a second name) and goes by her secular name Marie (yes it is normal here). She is probably the least bitter person I know! Absolutely positive and happy and optimistic and joyful

The miriams I know are also very happy positive people.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 10:04 am
Is there a difference between a Miriam and a Lea Miriam Gnendel? Unique name = unique personality?

myself

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 2:59 pm
I can't think of any name that has similarities across the board. I think it more often runs in families with people who are named after the same person.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 3:23 pm
if Mimi is miriam then the miriams I know are also all outgoing and easy-going people.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 3:24 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:
All the rivkas I know (inc. my sis!) are stubborn personalities.
Dont think im gonna name my kid rivka Wink

My daughter is a Rivka, and she is wonderful. She's stubborn, but not in a bad way. Just very determined and knows her own mind. She'll never be anyone's fool!

She lives up to her name perfectly. From the time she was old enough to push a chair up to the kitchen sink, she'd get a glass of water and bring it to me at my computer desk while I was working. I never had to ask for water, she'd just see if my cup was empty, and bring me some! I think she was just about 3 at that time, too! She always makes sure that the dogs have enough water, and will refill their bowls before I even notice they're running low. When we have company over, the first thing she does is RUN to get them glasses of water. I'm usually the lousy hostess who will forget to ask if they want anything, and Rivka's already got them all set up.

Her main strengths are charity, empathy, and a love of creatures that are dependent on us for survival. I'm very honored to have her as my kid. Very Happy

im not saying they aren't nice my mil, my sis are very nice ppl I just dont think I would cope with such a strong personality not to mention stubborness.
you should hav only nachas from her.

Seraph

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 4:16 pm
This isn't name specific, but I've heard that names that begin with Alefs are more strong personalities, and that names that begin with Shin are more go getters.

I've also seen that names that have light in them (Uriel, Shraga, Orel, Liora, Meir) usually have an endless amount of energy.

llsl

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 4:45 pm
Such a cute thread!
Before naming my kids I def had feeling towards certain names becuse of the people I know with the same name.
I totally see this...all the sarahs in my family are very outgoing and princess like

eschaya

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 9:18 pm
Both my son and a nephew are named after the same grandfather... and it's scary how similar they are (in certain aspects). Unfortunately, the aspect in which they are similar is not positive!! I intend to warn all my eligible SILs to be very careful about using this name!!
(yes, I love my ds to pieces)

Hashemlovesme

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 10:26 pm
I see CLEARLY w/ both of my kids that they act like their name!

Devora is a busy, busy bee & Simcha is a really smiley kid!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names