Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do u work for a collection agency?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 2:22 pm
I started a new job working for a collection agency. I am finding it extremely difficult. Many people curse me, say I am rude, etc... and threaten to call their lawyers, department of consumer affairs, etc..
How do you deal with this?

5S5Sr7z3

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 2:31 pm
I used to work in customer service. You need a thick skin for such a job and not let it bother you.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 29 2011, 8:45 pm
Thick skin? You need hide like an elephant!

If you are at all sensitive or take things personally, this is NOT the job for you. The drop-out rate is extremely high in these jobs, and even the best collectors can burn out eventually. I could never do it.

Best of luck!

sayinghi

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 11:57 am
I had a similar job, you need to speak with your boss and ask him/her what is legal and how far you can go to get someone to pay, so that he is aware of what is going on and should a problem arise he will be responsible not you (you just did what he said). I dont really think the people can really do anything about u calling them. also dont reveal your full name on the phone/emails, etc, so they wont have a way of tracking you down. in general try to let the nasty comments slide, dont let it get to you, dont get emotionallay involved.
best of luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics