Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Easyjet and luggage fees...

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 5:25 am
I was just browsing their website and I just don't understand their logic...

if you want to buy extra weight.. your very welcome but by the time you have added it on it could be more expensive than a regular licket.. take eg 32 kilos I got 35 kilos free allowances from elal my last flight though I'm allowed up to 28 it was a speciall allowance they gave me for various reasons....

so say a ticket cost 300 euros, which is around 260 or so pounds or 428$ and youknow you'll need more weight so say you buy 28 kilos in total you'll be paying an addition 162 euros, or 231 dollars or 141 pounds....

the more weight you buy and the more cases you add the prices goes much higher. eg 50 kilos is 540 euros....

don't tell me peopel really do it? ir is easy jet mainly meant for people who have just hand luggage?

again I find it strange cus if I can get 28 or 30 kilos from ELAL why pay soo much more for eayjet?

dilego

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 7:11 am
that is how they make money.sometimes its cheaper to fly with elal

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 7:18 am
yes, low frills means no luggage unless you want to pay for it.

If you are travelling just with hand luggage (for a weekend you can fit enough clothes in hand luggage) then why pay elal prices?

No airline IME gives you 50 kilos free. Standard is about 20 kilos. Plus 10 kilo handluggage.

I have a small suitcase that is exactly the biggest size for handluggage on most airlines and fits quite a lot.

Not everyone is shlepping lots of stuff back and forth.

drumjj

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 7:41 am
I think there is a standard price for a 20kg suitcase and then if you want to add more you have to pay more. flying with easyjet is great if you know that you are going away a long time in advance for instance last summer my family 2 adults plus 2 children plus one infant flew on easyjet including luggage, im talking about the height of august peak times for £750. you would never get that on elal

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 7:56 am
Raisin wrote:
yes, low frills means no luggage unless you want to pay for it.

If you are travelling just with hand luggage (for a weekend you can fit enough clothes in hand luggage) then why pay elal prices?

No airline IME gives you 50 kilos free. Standard is about 20 kilos. Plus 10 kilo handluggage.

I have a small suitcase that is exactly the biggest size for handluggage on most airlines and fits quite a lot.

Not everyone is shlepping lots of stuff back and forth.

no not 50.

I have matmid so I can take up to 28. they give 23 not like others plus I get an aditional 5 kilos with elal... the extra 6 kilos I got was special allowances I arranged for before I flew back.. it was part of compensation I got from the winter flight
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics