Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Do you like the name Ruthie

amother

Post Sat, Aug 27 2011, 5:00 pm
ruth - as in truth without the t - ee

finallyamommy

Post Sat, Aug 27 2011, 5:16 pm
That would be a nickname for Ruth, right? I mean, you wouldn't put "Ruthie" on the birth certificate, would you?

I love the name Ruthie, except I can't use it because it's my grandmother's name. And even if I could, I live in Israel, so I think it'd have to become Ruti.

torahtots

Post Sat, Aug 27 2011, 5:18 pm
I love the name Ruthie. It's so cute. Don't know why I never thought of using it myself. Well, I have an Aunt Ruthie and even though her Hebrew name is Rachel, I probably couldn't use the name Ruthie b/c it would be weird for her and her family and for my mom.

I also live in Israel so it would have to be Ruti which isn't quite as cute.

amother

Post Sat, Aug 27 2011, 5:28 pm
I love it it's beautiful, cute, elegant at all ages of her life

Ani

Post Sat, Aug 27 2011, 5:36 pm
I also find it beautiful. It's short, yet sophisticated and feminine.

Shuly

Post Sat, Aug 27 2011, 6:07 pm
Love it.

amother

Post Sat, Aug 27 2011, 6:23 pm
yes I do, I know a few people called ruthie and all of them are quite special like they have a certain quality about them..like they are quite mystical..I don't know how to describe it sorry! I love the name

bwaybabe85

Post Sat, Aug 27 2011, 9:26 pm
Yup! Just so happens to be my name.

ElTam

Post Sat, Aug 27 2011, 10:03 pm
Yes, but I would put Ruth on the birth certificate.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 28 2011, 8:47 am
Love it. It was my mother's name though we gave and called my daughter her Jewish name as her legal name too. Too hard for me to handle Ruthie at that point. It's classic, not an old fashioned antiquated sort of name like say, Mildred or Hortense ;-) Or Prudence, etc.

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 28 2011, 9:24 am
I have always loved this name (unfortunately, DH did not...).

I'd use "Ruth" as I'm not into nicknames.

mommyhood

Post Sun, Aug 28 2011, 10:21 am
I think of Ruth/Ruthie as a very old fashioned name. I do like Russy and Ruti, I think they're both more youthful.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 28 2011, 11:38 am
I don't like English rooth pronounciation.

cm

Post Sun, Aug 28 2011, 1:17 pm
I know quite a few Ruths of all ages. It's a lovely name, if slightly old-fashioned. To me, "Ruthie" is a child's nickname.

"Rus" and "Rut" and all their variations are not so pleasing to the English-accustomed ear, and if written down are bound to be mispronounced by English-speakers. This may or may not be a problem for the OP, depending on her circles.

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 28 2011, 6:38 pm
I wouldn't use it as an official name on a birth certficate--like Dr. Mom I'm not into nicknames and certainly not as official names-- but if I had a Ruth she'd probably end up as "Ruth the Tooth" when the first one appears, otherwise Rootie. This would morph into Rootie-Cutie, Rootie-Beauty, Rootie-Smartootie, Rootie-Tootie, and so on. her brothers would probably call her Roto-Rootie, earning them the dreaded Glare of Death. When her teeth start falling out she'll become Toothless Ruthless.
Her middle name, if any, would also influence any permutations.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Aug 28 2011, 7:19 pm
I like it very much !!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names