Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Traveling with a Toddler

chatz

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 3:36 pm
ideas? 7 hour flight.

So far:
books
crayons & paper
old laptop + DVDs (hope it keeps a charge)

maybe play dough? the stewardesses (sorry, flight attendants) might kill us, though.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 4:13 pm
I have traveled from israeli to america with my then 2 year old. thats about 10 hours.
we brought some of her toys that she knew. she watched the cartoon channel, some of her books and food that I knew she liked.
your ideas are good ones.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 4:23 pm
Firstly, is it a day flight or an overnight?

Also, if you let your children watch TV, you can find out if there's going to be an individual screen. Most airlines tend to have multi-channel on-demand programmes these days, that include childrens cartoons. In which case, there's less compelling reasons to bring a laptop/portable DVDs.

More than entertaining bits, don't forget spare change of clothes and extra nosh. Just in case of flight delay or lost luggage. It takes time until they start serving meals, and children may not like what's being served. (Mine *HATE* airline foods, so I end up ordering at least one fruit platter). Things that don't need refrigeration, nutritious and easy to eat, things like cereals, cut fruits, grapes, plain boiled pasta, individual cheese potions, individual yogurt pouches (small enough to fit the liquid requirement), mini bagel sandwiches.

Crayons--stick to chubby ones. Also it might roll off the tray. Play doughs can get messy--nothing that would require washing hands. Better options are sticker books--don't let them put stickers on aircraft, but on a separate sheet of paper. Etch-a-sketch is also easy for that year group.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics