Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
How to decide how many benchers to order

loveshoes

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 5:10 am
I am making a bar mitzvah and I am now ordering benchers for the seudah. I am having a hard time deciding how many to order. People have told me now to order too much because people do not take anymore. Any suggestions of how to determine how many to order?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 5:14 am
One by family?

Levtov

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 5:49 am
If people don't appreciate it, why order? Hardly any people wash anymore, at the simchas I've attended. Just for curiousity, how many of imamothers wash at a Simcha?

Last edited by Levtov on Sun, Sep 18 2011, 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 5:49 am
If really people don't take anymore, order just a few for you to keep and give to close family

amother

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 5:52 am
Once our bentcher storage space became stuffed, we stopped taking more than one per family at simchas. But, you still need to bentch, and for our upcoming simcha we ordered one per person. We do expect to have extras, and if so will see if the school/shul wants them.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 5:55 am
4 or 5 per table- that's what we did for our wedding and we still had left over.
mazel tov Smile

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 6:03 am
Levtov wrote:
If people don't appreciate it, why order? Hardly any people wash anymore, at the simchas I've attended. Just for curiousity, how many of imamothers wash at a Simcha?

It's a seudas mitzva - why don't people wash?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 8:42 am
My rule for chasunas which has pretty much worked is: number of people expected divided by 2 plus 50 (for wedding of over 350 people) or plus 25 for smaller group.

loveshoes

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 9:02 am
OOTBubby wrote:
My rule for chasunas which has pretty much worked is: number of people expected divided by 2 plus 50 (for wedding of over 350 people) or plus 25 for smaller group.

Love this rule! This is what I am going to do! Thank you so much - you guys are always so helpful here!

mirror

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 3:26 pm
OOTBubby wrote:

I was told: Number of pple divided by 2. Why plus 50 or plus 25 for a smaller group?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 3:29 pm
We printed mincha/maarivs which cost more b ut we knew that people would want them because it's a choshuv thing.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 5:06 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:

I was told: Number of pple divided by 2. Why plus 50 or plus 25 for a smaller group?

We are advised to have a little more than half and the "little more" is proportionate to the number expected.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics