Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Pilates

amother

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 9:16 am
Can anyone tell me about this kind of exercise? Someone in my community is forming a class soon and I want to know if it is something that I could possibly do.
Is it for the skinny among us? Or can this very very overweight gal also try? I just want to know what this exactly entails.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 4:58 pm
bump

socialbird

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 5:08 pm
Pilates is great for everybody! It is not a rigorous cardio work out, more about toning, core strengthening (that is the muscles protecting your stomach and back) and muscle lengthening.
It is recommended to include 2 cardio days when doing pilates for more effective results.
Join the class and enjoy!

baba

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 5:26 pm
Why dont you just check it out on youtube?

smilingmom

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 6:28 pm
I am a huge pilates fan.
It is great for toning and burns almost as many calories as a cardio excercize.
Make sure you have a certified instructor. If done incorrectly, you could do more harm than good.
I do pilates with springs and my dd uses a the reformer and cadillac as well as other equiptment.
Our classes are private or one instructor to two or three students. It is the only way to assure you are doing it right.
By the way when I say I am a huge pilates fan, I mean it both literally and figuritively. lol
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise