Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Help! My comp. is infected with XP Antivirus 2012!!!

kitov

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 1:04 pm
This is ridiculous! Can't get rid of this malware that just keeps on popping up, crashing my browser, crashing my adobe flash plug in, this is insane.

Anyone know how to deal with this snake? Spam

JustPlainMe

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 1:24 pm
Can you download Cnet anti virus and run a cleanup? That helped me in a similar situation.

hardworkingmommy

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 2:10 pm
Had it too more then once. Best is to give it to computer guy to remove it. G'luck

Kayza

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 9:10 pm
Another possibility is to boot from a CD (or better yet from a USB key with up to date definitions) that has an anti-virus and remove it that way.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 9:35 pm
Download "ComboFix" froma reliable place (like CNet) and run it with your computer in Safe Mode. In safe mode only the basic programs will turn on, giving the virus little power.

shoeboxgirly

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 12:48 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Download "ComboFix" froma reliable place (like CNet) and run it with your computer in Safe Mode. In safe mode only the basic programs will turn on, giving the virus little power.

If you can't install it because the virus is so bad, you need to boot into safe mode with networking and brave the internet unprotected. Then download a reliable antivirus, (my favourite has been AVG Free for a long time). Then run a preliminary scan in safe mode, this will clear out the worst of the nasties. Next, reboot as normal and run a deep scan, including registry keys, that should clear up everything else.

Always make sure you keep your software up to date, microsoft ships security fixes ALL the time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics