Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Any seit or p-3 jobs out there?

lady

Post Mon, Oct 31 2011, 9:44 pm
heeelp!!! I need more seit or p-3 jobs. My husbuand is in school full time and so I'm the only one able to work. if anyone knows of a job available please let me know, thanks. p.s. my certification is from b-2nd grade.

runninglate

Post Tue, Nov 01 2011, 11:20 pm
its really hard these days. You just have to keep calling and calling all the agencies. Where do you live? If you advertise that you are available for pthree, you shld get calls.

seeker

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 12:05 am
SEIT is very hard to come by lately. P3 not so much.

1. Call the agencies. There are quite a bunch and they do give out cases. Even if they're covered when you call, new cases keep coming up. PM me if you need specific numbers, but I basically got all of mine by reading ads that targeted students - maybe pick up a local paper.

2. Are you willing to work evenings? If you can adjust your schedule, I see a lot more people looking for after-school providers than in school. I assume this is because most providers can't sacrifice their family time.

3. Look into getting an extension of your certification. Most of the P3 is going to middle grades and some older. It starts after they age out of SEIT so that leaves only about 2 grades that you're covered for, and more kids get evaluated as they get older and the achievement gaps widen.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics