Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
My son outgrew his allergies BH, chizzuk for all!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 8:22 pm
My son from a few weeks old started showing signs of allergies. He had eczema all over, oosing and bloody, hives, bronchitis, croup>>> special formula, reflux meds, asthma meds..... I thought how will I ever get through it. I learned what to make and cook and how to feed him. My allergist said, keep him away from all eggs, milk, soy peanut..... and we did. Slwly he out grew the dairy, then the soy and he is 4 K"H and he just ate a cookie with eggs in it. I firstly want to write this to openly give shevach and hodah to Hahsem, but also to give chizzuk to other mothers going through this. It is so hard and and some point you are exhausted from it all. Not all children outgrow their allergies and a parent lives with a constant fear for their childs well being. May you all have the strength to go through this nissayon being the best mother you can be and may Hashem send your children only good health. Hang in there

chevron

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 10:38 pm
thank you so much!can I give you a Hug

bigprincess

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 10:59 pm
May I ask which formula you gave?

bnm

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 1:05 am
my kid's gastro asks me hopefully at each visit if I outgrew my allergies, she has seen many patients doing so and is waiting for her 17 year old son to outgrow his. each visit I have to disappoint her and say no, still allergic.

my daughter is off milk, fish and soy
my son is on special formula, no food yet (too young) but he is reacting to SOMETHING, he keeps getting rashes.

MinnieMa

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 1:07 am
Hi, I'm the original poster. I'm not sure why I went anonymous. Thanks for the hugs- means a lot:) I gave Elecare- I had a choice between that and neocate.

MinnieMa

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 1:11 am
Bnm- have you been to an allergist with your son. By my child we went as early as 3 months- one allergy was so bad the doctor was shocked, because usually at such a young age the allergy doesn't show up. We then went back few weeks later and more allergies showed. Every few months we'd go.

bnm

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 1:14 am
MinnieMa wrote:
Bnm- have you been to an allergist with your son. By my child we went as early as 3 months- one allergy was so bad the doctor was shocked, because usually at such a young age the allergy doesn't show up. We then went back few weeks later and more allergies showed. Every few months we'd go.

no. we just started at the allergist with my almost 3 year old. unfortunately I never had great experiences with allergists growing up, I only took her because he is a pulmonologist too and we need that. tomorrow we are seeing his gastro and I'll see what she suggests. My son is 5 months old and on Nutramigen AA- same idea as Elacare and Neocate.

MinnieMa

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 1:40 am
So with your 5 month old- start early- go to an allergist and keep him away from any of the allergin
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics