Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Bad idea to not see an OB for a month or two??

amother

Post Wed, Sep 21 2011, 2:05 pm
I am 19 weeks pregnant with twins, and just began the process of switching to Medicaid because we are drowning in the insurance costs/copays. It will probably take AT LEAST a month, if not more, for the medicaid coverage to process. What should I do meanwhile? I don't want to go back to my old doctor, because that will cost us more money than we can afford. How bad would it be to not go to the doctor until the medicaid comes through? It's a di/di pregnancy and so far there are BH Bli ayin hara no complications. What do you think?

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Sep 21 2011, 2:39 pm
IMO, bad idea. But that's just my opinion.

Bea21

Post Wed, Sep 21 2011, 2:47 pm
You can ask the dr about using them and having Medicaid pay the bill in retrospect. Also, you should know that Mc accepts pregnant moms really quickly so it might be faster than you think (even if you don't get the card yet, you can ask the billing office if they see you're accepted yet).
B'shaa tova!

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 3:04 pm
a very bad idea,.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 3:52 pm
I am also on medicaid for twin pregnancy. I only waited a month to get my Medicaid ( I did it through a case worker though). I was told to find a doctor who would accept STRAIGHT medicaid and they would retroactively pay back the doctor for all the visits. Just to clarify, once you get medicaid you will then be asked to enroll for proper insurance, which can take a few more weeks to receive. It may be more difficult to find a doctor who takes straight medicaid, but probably better than missing 1-2 months of appointments, imo, and way better than paying out of pocket Smile. hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more