Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Family activity or game for each night of Chanuka

mamad

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 9:41 pm
I am trying to think of one game, craft, or activity that I can do with my kids (age 2-6 ka"h) each night of Chanuka. So far I have come up with: A chocolate gelt hunt, playing draidel, and making doughnuts... Any other ideas? Preferably NOT food related? Thanks!

mommyla

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 10:06 pm
I bought a bunch of cheap, Chanukah-themed projects to do. I have some of those gel window decorations with a menorah with separate flames so you can add another one every night, Chanukah sand art & velvet art kits, dreidel-shaped crayons, Chanukah stickers, a Chanukah stamp set, and a dreidel silicon mold for making chocolate/jello/ice cubes. I also saw paint-your-own-dreidel/menorah sets but my son is too young for that. You can get most of this stuff at Target and Judaica stores, and it's not expensive. I'm also making Chanukah cookies (I know you said preferably no food, but...) and icing and decorating them.

Good luck! I love this kind of stuff.

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 1:41 am
Someone I work with suggested a dreidel game with a twist. For every letter on the dreidel have some clothing items - like glasses and gloves for gimmel, shirt for shin/pants for pay, hat for hey - couldn't think of anything for nun - ideas welcome, or it could be "nothing". First one dressed wins!

mamad

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 10:32 pm
Thanks for the good ideas:)

imasinger

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 10:39 pm
c.c.cookie wrote:
Someone I work with suggested a dreidel game with a twist. For every letter on the dreidel have some clothing items - like glasses and gloves for gimmel, shirt for shin/pants for pay, hat for hey - couldn't think of anything for nun - ideas welcome, or it could be "nothing". First one dressed wins!

I LOVE this idea!! Can I use it? N ideas -- nightshirt/gown or necktie/necklace.

chouli

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 12:02 pm
so many good ideas! I will definitely use them for my kids

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 12:07 pm
http://www.activitytv.com/453-.....eidel

we made these dreidels using a little milk carton or little orange juice carton. it was fun!

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 12:12 pm
http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/f.....9.htm

We also bought chanukah shaped sponges and painted with them,
if you can't buy them you can easily make your own.
Maybe making a menora sponge would be hard but a dreidel shape or magen dovid shape shouldn't be too hard.

imasinger

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 7:52 pm
c.c.cookie wrote:

I tried this with 2 of my kids tonight. It was fun! We decided to make it more fun by adding a rule -- if you spin a letter of something you already have on, you can tell someone else to either put that thing on or take it off. We used a neckerchief, a glove, a hat, and a shoe for each player.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 9:01 pm
cccookie -
im another who loves that clother "SPIN" on the dreidel game! ty for sharing!

Achdus

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 2:38 pm
For fun games and activities for Chanuka (or a Chanuka party) check out this week's Mishpacha Junior for ideas. Chag Sameach!

Kaybee

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 7:51 pm
C c. cookie, we did either neckties or necklace for nun. We played it with about 15 kids and it was adorable!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics