Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Set of pots & pans for a shower present

opinionatedbubby

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 9:19 pm
Does anyone know a lots about the brands of pots & pans, and where to buy them? This is a shower present from a large group of people, so we can spend a bit, and it's for a kollel couple and we want the stuff to last forever! Is there any nonstick kinds where the coating doesn't chip off after a few years, at best?
Do we have to get nonstick for milchigs, it seems like a rule or something.
What brands you recommend?

September June

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 9:27 pm
I've found Caphalon to be strong and well made.
I would suggest you go to the store and actually feel the pots before you buy. The better brands feel much sturdier.

peppermint

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 9:45 pm
Check out this recent thread http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....=pots

I dont think you need nonstick pots for milchigs but you should get non stick frying pans for both milchigs and fleishigs

rain

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 6:34 pm
claphalon is great but expensive
personally I hate nonstick
I had a horrible experiebce with cuisinart
try farberware. my mother has her set since she got married 25 yrs ago

thatslife

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 6:42 pm
I have lots of types of pot. farberware are great inexpensive set of pots. they seem to last well. I just find they dont always cook the food as well as I would like. I have allclad pot which r 10 x better than farberware as far as cooking. they are also a whole lot mroe money. my most favorite pots, which do actually come with a life time garentee. are my tupperware pots. however they are mucho expensive. they cook very evenly. havent ever burnt my food. but again they are not at all cheap.

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 8:23 pm
I am satisfied with my Farberware set as a starter because I think it's great value for the money - relatively inexpensive (not at list price but constantly something on sale somewhere) and very decent quality. Then it's good to supplement it with a couple of individual pieces of better quality. For example, as a shower gift one friend bought me an awesome pot, I'm sorry I am a total dunce so I don't know what it's called but it's kind of like a large frying pan but with curved sides - not a wok! flat on bottom! - and a cover, with nice heatproof handles, let me tell you I use it for everything fleishig from shnitzel to stir-fry to meatballs. The Farberware set is excellent for all the little this-n-thats, those are my egg-frying pans, rice and pasta pot, saucepans, etc. which it's good to have a bunch of, not junk but doesn't need to be fancy.

Sorry for rambling but between those two items (Farberware set and my Everything pot) I have barely needed anything else in over 2 years (I know that's not a long time but it's enough to see what's going on in the kitchen). They've held up well and the friend who gave me that pot will never be forgotten! She rocks! (oh and it came along with my best knife, too. I have a really smart friend.)

chatouli

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 8:50 pm
When I got married (over 4 years ago) my MIL got me a set of stainless pots and pans from Costco (Kirkland brand). I also got an All Clad pan. I can't tell them apart quality-wise. I'd recommend the Kirkland brand to anybody, they have held up great and the set came with everything I need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars