Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lubavitch in baltimore?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 12:24 am
Is there a lubavitch community in baltimore?
Is there a chabad school?
Can you tell me about the community?
how do you think a young lub. family would fit in?
We are looking for an affordable, warm, friendly community with chabad school for kids 10 and under, at least.
Would Baltimore be a good fit for us? I'd like to stay in the eastern US, within driving distance from NY area, but not too far north, b/c I cant stand cold.
any info would be appreciated!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 3:30 pm
I think you should visit.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 3:41 pm
Baltimore is more yeshivish than anything else, but is also a diverse and tolerant place.

There is a Chabad school, but I don't think it goes up to 5th grade.

PM me and I can put you in contact with an active Chabad family.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 3:42 pm
As far as I know, the Lubavitch cheder only opened up a couple of years ago, so I'm not sure the oldest age acceptable there.
I don't know much, but I do know there are 2 Chabad kehillos -- on Clarks Lane and Pimlico?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 8:43 pm
Cheder Chabad has a preschool which is for boys and girls. They have a 1st and 2nd grade for boys and I believe plan on adding a grade each year. It is known to be a very well-run school. It is affiliated with the main Chabad- Rabbi Lisbon- on Clarks Lane in Park Heights. Chabad in Greenspring is run by Rabbi Kaplan. Baltimore is a really nice, open-minded kehilla, but you won't find the Chabad people creating their own community. Basically, we have lots of Chabad people spread out all over, they might daven at one of the Chabad shuls, but they live in all different neighborhoods and interact with their mostly non-Chabad neighbors. The girls learn at the regular girls schools-Bais Yaakov and Bnos Yisrael. My preschool daughter at Bnos Yisrael has 2 or 3 Chabad girls in her class, including the daughter of a shaliach (not one of the 2 Rabbanim I mentioned). Rabbi Lisbon's daughter graduated BY with me-she was Chabad like her parents but they are very well integrated into the community (all the Chabad people are) If you are davka looking to move to a place where you'll have lots of Lubavich neighbors, I don't think you'll find it here, but if you are willing to live among all types, you will have the support of the Chabad kehilla and Rabbanim.
check out this website:
http://www.chabadofparkheights.com/
they have info about the shul and the cheder.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating