Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Which things will you do or not do on the bus?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 9:05 am
Inspired wrote:
Tablepoetry wrote:
Seraph wrote:
So it wouldnt be strange for me to feed my kids real food from a container, but it would be strange/uncouth for me to eat? So should I go 6-8 hours without eating?

We let kids do lots of things in public that adults don't do. This includes eating from a container, IMO.

I don't think you should starve yourself. I'm just saying how things look in the public eye. You do what you have to do. As others have said, it does seem strange to see an adult woman eating out of a container, with cutlery, in public. (Kids get a pass on this, as with other areas). But an adult? People would wonder, doesn't she have a home?

Most adults, IME are intelligent enough to realize that she is probably traveling a long way or is going somewhere where she cannot eat when she gets there and couldn't eat before she got on the bus. I refuse to believe that most mature adult people are as idiotic and narrow minded as you are making them out to be.

I honestly can't see caring that much about eating food on the bus as long as people clean up after themselves. I see this imaginary conversation going on in my head.

Bus Companion: "Oh, look, that woman is eating on the bus!"
Me: "You mean the woman with the blue scarf? Looks like beans and rice.
BC: "From a container..."
Me: "How does she keep from spilling on herself? Looks delicious. Is it too outre to ask her for her recipe? Wow it smells good.'
BC: "But look! She's eating. From a container! On the bus! With a fork!"
Me: "I'd worry about using a fork on the bus."
BC: "Some people have no manners..."
Me: "I guess I shouldn't ask her for the recipe. Dang. She hasn't spilled a drop. You know we really shouldn't keep staring at her."

Tablepoetry

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 9:32 am
LOL....I agree with you all that most people don't have the time and energy to care. But that doesn't mean it's the norm or that it doesn't look a bit awkward. I likened it to someone taking a pillow and blanket out to sleep with on the bus. Yes, you can do it, no, most people won't dedicate their time to analyzing you, but it's still strange.

Tablepoetry

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 9:33 am
Inspired wrote:
Tablepoetry wrote:
Seraph wrote:
So it wouldnt be strange for me to feed my kids real food from a container, but it would be strange/uncouth for me to eat? So should I go 6-8 hours without eating?

We let kids do lots of things in public that adults don't do. This includes eating from a container, IMO.

I don't think you should starve yourself. I'm just saying how things look in the public eye. You do what you have to do. As others have said, it does seem strange to see an adult woman eating out of a container, with cutlery, in public. (Kids get a pass on this, as with other areas). But an adult? People would wonder, doesn't she have a home?

Most adults, IME are intelligent enough to realize that she is probably traveling a long way or is going somewhere where she cannot eat when she gets there and couldn't eat before she got on the bus. I refuse to believe that most mature adult people are as idiotic and narrow minded as you are making them out to be.

I didn't mean literally, is she homeless? It's an expression (maybe more in Hebrew).
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette