Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Preggers and cant sleep

amother

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 1:14 am
im having my first child im 4 months along and I cant sleep!!!! any suggestions? I dont want to keep my dh up so I try to sneak out of the room without him noticing otherwise he would stay up with me Sad

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 2:07 am
try reading a book, or listening to a slow music tape.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 12:52 pm
why can't you sleep?? is it because your uncomfortable or maybe because of anxiety??

amother

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 1:13 pm
ask your doctor for something, I took benadryl every Fri. night - I made that my good night's sleep!

tziviakayla

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 1:22 pm
Take a long walk in the evening with dh. A warm, soothing shower may calm any anxiety. I have a radio that also plays nature sounds (crickets, a waterfall, or rain). It's very relaxing. Pre-natal yoga may also work, but check w/ your dr. before starting it.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 1:29 pm
Exercise can do wonders for helping people who can't sleep...but check with dr first. Also, having a bedtime routine(ie. first brush teeth and wash face, then get changed, then set out neggel vasser, then say krias shema, then lights out.) helps people who have trouble shutting down.

Also, try not to get frustrated. I used to have bad insomnia and I would toss and turn and feel so frustrated and get anxious and and and... I'd feel extra crummy in the morning.

Instead, I tried just enjoying relaxing. I'm laying down. It's dark. I have comfy blankets. I don't have any reason to be getting anythign done at all for hours! Also, just focus on breathing. Only think of inhale, exhale. If you mind starts to think of anything else, recenter. As long as you just take it in stride, you will get some rest, even if it isn't so much actual sleep, and that can keep you going the next day.

I also have had not so good sleep lately. I'm only 10 weeks, and my nose is all stuffed and I can't take anything. B"H at least for the humidifier!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 1:34 pm
Also 10 weeks here.
I'm also having trouble sleeping, and if I'm really tossing and turning I find it helps me to get out of bed and just take a walk around the room, or walk around the apartment, just for like 2 minutes. Or I go and pee (which I have to do a lot).
Also are you getting hungry in the middle of the night? Because that could keep you up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics