Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Anyone teach in a frum degree program? (TTI, etc)

amother

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 1:38 pm
Looking for people who have taught in Raizel Reit, Sara Schenirer, New Seminary, or whatever other non-college degree programs are out there. I'm wondering how much they pay and what the experience is like. Are they run professionally? Are the students interested and committed or too busy getting married or whatever to be respectful in classes? What is the salary like?

Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to decide if this is something I should consider going into.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 2:07 pm
Quote:
Looking for people who have taught in Raizel Reit, Sara Schenirer, New Seminary, or whatever other non-college degree programs are out there.
I teach computer graphics and publication design at Maalot Baltimore. Maalot Baltimore does award degrees through Thomas Edison or Excelsior.

Quote:
Are they run professionally?

Yes, absolutely.

Quote:
Are the students interested and committed or too busy getting married or whatever to be respectful in classes?
Almost all the girls are respectful and motivated. My experience in 12 years of teaching is that I have had only 2 students who were disrespectful -- and I failed one of them Very Happy. The administration will back me up if there's a problem.

Quote:
What is the salary like?
I do graphics (and also kitchen design and space planning) professionally, so teaching is a supplemental income -- it won't pay the mortgage. But I don't teach many hours, and teaching forces me to know design and design programs well in order to explicate them clearly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics