Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Want to give babysitter some sort of raise, but... how?

Nicole

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 7:36 pm
In short, our babysitter has been working for us full time for a year and part time for 6 months before that. We are very happy with her and would like to show our appreciation. We have what I feel is a very generous financial arrangement with her. We live in NJ- just for reference:
We pay her $10/hour. We pay her 1/2 her usual salary for any weekday we don't use her- yomim tovim, legal holidays, our own vacations, plus we pay her 1/2 salary for a week of her own time she needs to take off- ie vacations, sick days...
I would like to give her some sort of monetary increase but-
Theoretically, I would like to use her long term, as long as she is able and hashem grants us more children. So, how does it work? We can't keep increasing year after year, or we'll end up paying her a huge amount per hour!
I was thinking maybe a one time bonus a couple times a year, or we could increase the amount per hour, but as per my concern above, how would that work?
If anyone has insight, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

yksraya

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 7:46 pm
maybe tip her on purim and chanukah or buy her little gifts here and there to show appreciation.

yummymummy

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 7:47 pm
The bonus idea is a good one, do you give her a holiday/new years bonus? do you give her a gift for her birthday? could you offer her more vacation time?

I would hold off on a per hour raise until you have more kids.

justforfun87

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 7:53 pm
Your like me, always over thinking the future. Pause....you do not need to expect to give her raises at a certain interbal but She has been working for you for a full year and a half and definitely seems deserving of a raise at this point. Give her a dollar raise now and you will cross that bridge again when it comes up at a later point. Do not hesitate to give her a raise now just because you are not sure about the future.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics