Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Is anyone here a dental assistant?
Previous  1  2

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 15 2011, 4:25 pm
Maybe you would be eligible for some grants, too.

amother

Post Sun, May 15 2011, 5:51 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Maybe you would be eligible for some grants, too.

could be but I doubt it cuz I have a bachelor's degree already so since its going down in education, they usually don't give financial aid or grants... (although my BA doesnt do much for me unfortunately)

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 3:08 pm
OP again, ok next question for those of you who went to dental assisting school, what school did you go to (if it was in NY/NJ)? I've called a few schools in NY and they've told me that to be a CDA, you need 2 years of experience, you can't come out of a school and just be a CDA without work experience, is that true? Also, some of the schools are very short and inexpensive and some of them are months and months long but I think the longer ones give you a RDA license, does it matter what kind of certification I come out with or not? Some guidance please...

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 1:11 pm
OP here- bump

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
I'm a cda in Bergen county and I make $24/hour. I also get free dental for myself and my family as a perk.

what program did you go to?

smiledr

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 1:55 pm
U dont need to go to school for it. U can be trained on the job but I will tell u its not a glamorous job nor is it well paying. U suction clean up and set up.u need to b a people person and organized and efficient.nonregistered das make as little as ten an hour but registerrd can make 25.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 2:02 pm
Bergen County CDA here: I went to a one year program in a Technical school in CT so that probably wont help you much...

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 3:41 pm
smiledr wrote:
U dont need to go to school for it. U can be trained on the job but I will tell u its not a glamorous job nor is it well paying. U suction clean up and set up.u need to b a people person and organized and efficient.nonregistered das make as little as ten an hour but registerrd can make 25.

25 an hour is well paying to me

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 3:55 pm
Hey...this sounds like a good job!! I might just look into it Wink

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 10:06 pm
amother wrote:
Bergen County CDA here: I went to a one year program in a Technical school in CT so that probably wont help you much...

no probably not, but was it a year full time? im looking into schools now, what type of program should I look for that I could come out making at least $20 an hour (is that realistic?) I know some schools aren't licensed so I should ask about that. Do CDA's make more then RDA's?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics