Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
S
Previous  1  2

Depressed

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 2:16 pm
mumoo wrote:
Please tell me if I am asking for too much. I have been office manager for over 4 years. When I started I had nobody to traim me or any instruction mamual, basically I created my job and all the procedures. My office was the central place and often I would come in to find one of 3 Rabbis at my desk. When you are new, you accept.

The problem is I have asked that no one sit at my desk, because my computer files get moved around, random things are saved to random places on my hard drive, files are deleted, the printer, fax, copier, internet, whatever are repeatedly malfunctioning-all making me waste my time to fix these things. I have limited time between am carpool and nursery dismissal- yet I am still accountablefor full-time-hours accomplishments.

You should know, since I started, I purchased each Rabbi a computer (approved expenses), set up internet, email accounts, put a printer on the server; I made it so there is no reason for anyone to be at my desk.

It makes no difference. Am I wrong to be annoyed ny this?

Why dont you just set up a password, you leave your desk for more then 15 seconds or whatever you decide and the screensaver comes up and no one can use the computer.

Additionally, if they are "Rabbis" as opposed to non Jewish personnel put up a big sign, "touching anything on this desk constitutes GENEIVA MIN HATORAH" ...

sarahla

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 3:03 pm
amother wrote:
As a boss I do expect my employee to pay and file my personal bills, Keep the office clean (no vacuuming but what is wrong with wiping the screen and keyboard once in a while?) I wouldnt ask to babysit or do housework but if I have paperwork that needs to get done I dont see why it should be different then the business paperwork

OMG shock shock shock I would NEVER let anyone but DH or me pay our personal bills, its no one's business how much I pay for things... if I were you I'd take 5 min of the day to pay your own bills and personal expensives because there is a fine like of respect not to cross. And by respect I dont mean that its a horrible thing to do (pay you're bosses bills) but more like the respect of personal things ...idk call me crazy but I wouldn't want my employees to know what I did last night or what I ate this morning for breakfast, doesn't seem very professional to know the bosses personal business.
but each to their own I guess

Redbird

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 9:08 pm
He is a rebbe during the day and he just started this new program that we have to write about a every single phone call that goes in and out, and he can see it all from his phone. Then the whole day he emails us criticizing the way we use the program.

He only pays me the last dollar of my paycheck if I dont come a minute late and dont bring breakfast

I dont officialy have a lunch break but wen I do get to eat a quick sandwich im required to sit across the room so the newer secretaries dont think its a laid back place where you can snack the whole time while you work.

In the summer he works in the country. he has survailence cameras in the office and watches us the whole time.

I have no idea why im still working for him. most secretaries dont last

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

amother

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 12:19 am
If I answer this, the thread will be deleted embarrassed

amother

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 12:05 am
My frum boss has me type journal ads for her relatives and friends who are being honored, research travel plans, send shidduch info to people, pay her personal bills online, etc. Then she tells me I am not getting the work done efficiently enough. And I thought I worked in a medical office!

Merrymom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 12:38 am
I will never forget the boss that had an elderly employee vacuum for him, fetch him a soda can, then would tell her to open it for him. A few years later he was honored at at a very well known organization. It made me want to throw up.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 1:03 am
Merrymom wrote:
I will never forget the boss that had an elderly employee vacuum for him, fetch him a soda can, then would tell her to open it for him. A few years later he was honored at at a very well known organization. It made me want to throw up.

I had a boss like this too! he and his wife used to have me serve tea and do dishes by hand, go buy sunglasses , pick dry cleaning Rolling Eyes called me her "consierge" I was actually a financial assistant shock ....

I was so stressed I missed 2 periods got gastroenteritis and lost 18 pounds in 2 months... I quit because her DH also my boss and 31 years older became disgusting creep ..... Puke WORSE JOB EVER!

I loathe old creeps.... as for workplace rights IN THE 21st century Rolling Eyes 3 other women heard him make sleezy unztnius comments (very explicit stuff embarrassed ) and testifyed to HR but the firm did not want to loose a "top producer" .

I can never work with guys again , the thought gives me anxiety Crying .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics