Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Need wisdom teeth pulled no dental insurance
Previous  1  2

Mommyof1

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 1:56 pm
I don't know where you are located but Columbia Hospital has a clinic where they do it at a discounetd price. That is where I had mine done and the doctor did an unbelieveable price. Our neibghor is a periodontist and is an attending there so so sent me. If you want more info pm me

NYmommy

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 1:57 pm
Did u look into Fidelity Dental Plan? I have this plan, I pay $350 a year & they cover entire family for this price. Insurance pays 50-60% of dental expenses

GetReal

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 3:44 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
GetReal wrote:
My wisdom teeth were also covered by my health insurance.

Do you have Medicaid or dental insurance?
ALso, sometimes if it's done a certain way, some insurances will cover it as it is considered a surgical procedure.

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled I had regular health insurance and separate dental insurance. But the dental told me to submit it to my health insurance first, and they covered it because the teeth were impacted.

estibesty

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 8:09 pm
ya its a pain in the finances but americhoice in NJ doesnt cover dental Sad
call dr. eichen he is in lakewood on tuesdays he is an excellant frum oral surgeon!!!!

watermelon

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 11:07 pm
I dont have dental insurance either and just had 3 wisdom teeth pulled. If they are bothering you and your oral surgeon says that you need to have them pulled that falls into the category of "medical" and would be covered by your regular medical insurance. Check with your insurance co. please.

ChanaRochel

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 11:52 pm
Jersey Family Dentist I think its called..in Todd plaza ..Dr Pinsky excellent dentist. They accept Americhoice and Horizon Mercy ,if you have Jersycare or Medicaid switch to those HMOs.

There is also a Dr Zwirn on Rt 70 nr Walmart , frum guy gives large discounts to Yeshiva families paying cash. I havent been there in over 10 years, so he might not be there.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 10:52 pm
Dr recommendation. U tied health care which used to be americhoice

chavamom

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 9:24 am
LoveMy2Kids wrote:
Double check you health insurance. My wisdom teeth were impacted, so my health insurance covered all of it.

Yes. Health insurance will often cover it and sometimes the coverage is better than on the dental plan.

sarah633

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 12:28 pm
any dr you would recommend?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics