Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Have you bought a washing machine somewhat recently?
Previous  1  2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 10:21 am
chocolate chips wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Have you tried it when pregnant? I got it when I was in my last trimester. Not too fun. My kids do help somewhat, but they're not always around when I'm doing laundry.
Although it is nice to be able to sit on the floor and nurse while switching a load with one hand...

When pregnant I had a top loader but I HATED it because I would have my washing on the floor/basket and I would have to bend and lift....tiring to say the least! With a front loader, even not pregnant, I sit on the floor and sort and wash, its great.
I'm not saying to get a top loader Smile I can't reach the bottom of one even when not pregnant, and when pregnant, I've had to climb on top of the machine to get the stuff on the bottom!
The best for me would be to have a pedestal under the machine. My husband was thinking of building one, but the flooring is not level in my apartment, and it vibrates a lot without anything under, so we're afraid to try that method.

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 10:31 am
I have the frigidaire front loader, washer and dryer, stacked on top of each other. I hated it in the beginning but I guess I've gotten used to it. I hate that it's so low, close to the floor. Sometimes my kids are in the mood of putting the clothing in, so I'm happy to give them that job.

I've learned that you need to be super careful about what is in your kids' pants pockets. Pennies and small toys can clog the hoses and there goes your brand new machine.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 10:32 am
We had 2 rocks on Sunday. But didn't get into any hose or anything...just the drum.

farm

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 11:58 am
Thanks so much everyone for the feedback so far! Keep them coming please!
Does anyone have an Electrolux?
How about a newer model top loader without an agitator?

I think I will have no choice but to go with a front loader at this time. Has anyone bought from Costco? Do they offer a better warantee than the standard?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 12:48 pm
I have an Electrolux. I think this is the one:
http://www.townappliance.com/e......html

I've been really happy.

Compared to my in-law's Whirlpool Duet, I like this better. Theirs has no fast wash option (it could be it's on some models, not sure) and their timing is frequently inaccurate. This is much more accurate and I like the option for fast wash.

farm

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 3:04 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I have an Electrolux. I think this is the one:
http://www.townappliance.com/e......html

I've been really happy.

Compared to my in-law's Whirlpool Duet, I like this better. Theirs has no fast wash option (it could be it's on some models, not sure) and their timing is frequently inaccurate. This is much more accurate and I like the option for fast wash.

That's funny- the saleslady is strongly recommending the Duet over the Electrolux as a much better quality machine and said that the quick wash and handwash settings are really nice extras that customers rave about in the Duet. Ahhhhh decisions decisions.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 3:21 pm
There are quite a few models of Duets and some are worse than others. My in-laws have had theirs for maybe 4 years now, and have had 3 service calls I think.

Theirs doesn't have a fast wash. Maybe not all the Electroluxes do?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars