Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Question about nursing twins and menstruation starting again

B+T Tali

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 10:38 pm
I never bottle-fed my twins. They're 8 months old and still nursing, but mostly for comfort at bedtime.

I thought with nursing two babies I wouldn't get my period for at least a year, but it came late January when my babies were only 6 months old. I got pregnant right away B"H and I'm still nursing, but that's another topic.

Am I normal??? My friends and mother think getting my period that early is unusual, and it makes me think maybe I wasn't producing enough milk to keep the period away, but my babies are chubby and healthy. I'm confused and when I google, I get all different kinds of answers. Can anyone here relate?

kalsee

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 12:10 am
Every person's body is different, everything is normal.
It usually is genetic, but it depends on a lot of things.
6 months is considered nursing clean- some people get their period 6 weeks after birth!

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 3:54 am
My twins just turned 8
Rivka is almost 7 Wink
I also got my cycle back at 6 months, exclusively nursing.

If you need any tips or tricks, feel free to PM me. Very Happy

B+T Tali

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 5:40 am
I nursed when I got that one period before becoming pregnant again. Was that wrong? I must have gotten pregnant right after Mikvah. I thought I knew Halacha for all this when I learned before I became pregnant the first time. Now I'm worried and confused.

I don't want to stop nursing, but my husband told me to nurse the babies only at night since they re getting used to the sippy cups (I pump for that). Am I allowed to nurse while I'm pregnant? And I thought you lose your milk when you get pregnant???? Would it be ok to start nursing them on demand again, as I did in the beginning? I'd rather not ask a rav about this, he'd think I was a dunce! Please help!

bnm

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 7:14 am
whats the difference between pumping/nursing directly from the source?

its not wrong, not everyone nurses clean the entire time they are nursing. you can get pregnant even before you get your period since you ovulate before the period...

nursing while pregnant- I have never done that but there are ladies on this site who have. If your going to lose your milk that starts second trimester, not everyone does. you can nurse while pregnant unless your at risk for preterm labor and then you should be discussing this with your obgyn, not your Rav, what would he know?

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 7:23 am
I nursed one of the girls the entire pregnancy, the other preferred bottles.

B+T Tali

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 2:15 pm
bnm wrote:
whats the difference between pumping/nursing directly from the source?

should be discussing this with your obgyn, not your Rav, what would he know?

No difference. I was just making the point that I'm still producing milk, and was surprised that I began menstruating since I thought making so much milk would prolong nusing clean.

As for the rav reference, it was because I wrongly thought I was told that nursing while pregnant was a halacha issue.

PZA

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 2:54 pm
It is veru unhealthy to nurse while preganant btw! Your baby on your stomac needs te nutritions while everything is going out!

B+T Tali

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 3:51 pm
PZA wrote:
It is veru unhealthy to nurse while preganant btw! Your baby on your stomac needs te nutritions while everything is going out!

Yes, I was just reading about this. It makes sense. Thank you.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 10:46 pm
PZA wrote:

It is NOT unhealthy to nurse while pregnant in a normal pregnancy. I did it, many people I know have done it. If there is preterm labor or other risk issues that is different, but in a normal pregnancy there is no reason to wean just because the mother is pregnant again.

kalsee

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 11:07 pm
PZA wrote:

This is wrong. As long as you eat well and don't have any specific complications you should be fine.

hadasa

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 11:39 pm
I nursed halfway through most of my pregnancies, but then again, I was nursing one, not two. I imagine having to meet the nutritional needs of FOUR people at once can be draining.
I wouldn't say to stop cold turkey, though. Start introducing them to other foods and formula, slowly cutting down on nursing frequency.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more