Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How do you cook your shabbos fish?

How do you cook your shabbos fish?
Pot  
 31%  [ 34 ]
Pan  
 44%  [ 49 ]
Special fish pot  
 23%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 109

PZA

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 9:38 pm
I just started making shabbos at hone and was wondering how everyone cooks their fish!
I did it in a pan but the foil is thin and it gets burnt!will a pot be better? Yet where will I put it once it's cooked?Any advice?

Fabulous

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 9:41 pm
I cook it on the stovetop in a regular pot. Once it's cooled, I transfer to a container. If you have a tupperware type, great because less spills. But I don't, so I use foil containers and to cover.

spring13

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 10:12 pm
I bake gefilte fish in a loaf pan (usually pyrex). I sprinkle the top with spice and maybe some thin sliced onion, drizzle it with olive oil, and bake til it's browned. I hate soggy boiled fish, and everyone who has my baked version likes it.

PZA

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 10:14 pm
spring13 wrote:
I bake gefilte fish in a loaf pan (usually pyrex). I sprinkle the top with spice and maybe some thin sliced onion, drizzle it with olive oil, and bake til it's browned. I hate soggy boiled fish, and everyone who has my baked version likes it.
Ok but I make salmon fish too can that be baked?

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 10:16 pm
most fish can be baked or cooked.

If you bake it, just leave it to cool, cover and refridgerate. If you cook it in a pot/fry in a pan, cool and then transfer to a container to store it in the fridge.

Good luck cooking shabbos Smile

PZA

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 10:19 pm
Thanks for all ideas will try and see what works best for me!

mfb

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 11:27 pm
gefilta I bake in a disposeable pan with water to cover, salt and sugar.
salmon in pan I pour on pancake syrup and broil first fish side up for about 7-8 min then skin side up for another few min.

spring13

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 11:30 pm
PZA wrote:
spring13 wrote:

for sure! I'm not a salmon fan, but if I were making it, I'd definitely bake or broil.
http://allrecipes.com/search/d.....0Page

tryingmybest

Post Sun, Mar 25 2012, 1:36 am
salmon in a pan gefilte in a pot-both really quick and easy

Strawberry2

Post Sun, Mar 25 2012, 5:16 am
I have a special fish pot.
I cook fish either in a pot or baked.

Post Sun, Mar 25 2012, 5:31 am
I cook fish in a pot and if I dont have room in my fridge, I transfer to long foil pans.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 25 2012, 3:51 pm
I just bought a fish poacher !

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 5:34 pm
Depends on what types of fish I'm serving.

Fried fish--cooked in a frying pan, drain with a paper towel underneath and kep in foil pan
Baked fish--cooked in an oven, fish placed in a foil pan (with a foil liner for easier cleaning)
Moroccan fish or curry fish--cooked in a pot
Gefilte fish--in a fish poaching kettle (which is used for poached salmon as well)
Sushi--no need to cook, serve raw

Pineapple

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 10:13 am
I cook mine in a pot that has only been used for fish then put it in apyrex container that has only been used for fish LOL

ChaniH

Post Sat, Mar 31 2012, 8:26 pm
I use a pot when im boiling it but lately my sister gave me this yum recipe when you cut the fish in slices dip in bread crumbs and fry, its heaven!

ChaniH

Post Sat, Mar 31 2012, 8:29 pm
PZA wrote:
spring13 wrote:

I always bake salmon in a tin foil pan just make sure to get a ticker one, also to prevent burning you can put parchment paper on the bottom of the pan or spray with olive oil

sunlight

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 10:53 am
I start cooking my fish, whether I'm using pot or pan, by lining the bottom with a layer of sliced onions. Then I clean the fish, put it in pot, and add spices and sugar. I add water, just enough to cover the fish. I place on flame. I make it a medium flame for few min to heat up and boil the water. Then I make flame low and let it cook for three or four hours. I check on it to make sure water level is not too low. If it is, I add a bit again just enough to cover fish.

Hope this helps u! Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen