Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Shld I send my twins to 2 dif high schools? HELP!
Previous  1  2

Alef Bais

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 9:20 pm
I know twins who went to different schools and it was great for them!

Jughead

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:23 am
My fraternal twin boys are in their first year of high school and they are together. Like OP, we considered the separation issue very carefully before decided that this was the school that best suited both of their needs. Twin B is much stronger socially and performs better academically (even tho Twin A has a higher IQ) but so far it has been a positive experience all around, baruch Hashem.
Hatzlachah with yours!

bashinda

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:56 am
Wow. That's really intense that for identical twins their connection is that strong. I never knew that.

I think it sounds like there is no general answer to your problem, given that there are a range of opinions from twins or relatives of twins with great experiences on both sides of the issue.

It's important to ask for advice but then also it's important to go with your instincts. You know your boys better than anyone else. What do you think they need?

I've mentioned this before but of my triplets (2 boys and a girl), the boys have been in separate schools starting midway through their first year in pre-school, so the problem just hasn't even presented itself to me, at this point, but I've had to make other chinuch decisions that were challenging, and maybe decisions I wasn't necessarily happy making, but I'm confident that, b'ezras Hashem, I made the decisions that were the right ones for them, even if my personal preference would have it that the boys are both in the same school and my girls (I have an older daughter as well) are in the same school, right now I need 4 different schools for them, because that's what they need. Yes, you can get eitzas from his teachers, but deep down you know what's best for your boys.

B'hatzlacha!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more