Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Laxatives
Previous  1  2

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Mon, Aug 24 2009, 1:53 am
Sherri wrote:
Health is a Virture wrote:
are you close with her? would she listen to you? would her mother listen to you? or, do you know who her doctor is, that you could speak to him/her? just some suggestions....definitely speak to someone she is close with and a psychologist/therapist experienced in this field and see what you can do to help her.

First I have to figure out if that's what is happening.
She's a relative of mine. She was visiting where I wasa guest and there were laxatives in the common bathroom that disappeared with her when she left. She and a yeshiva bochur left the same day- so either they're hers [and she is using them either a) to lose weight or b) for constipation] or they are his.
Again, I don't know if I am an alarmist, or too naive. I don't want to put 2+2 together and get 5.

This is no proof that she's using laxative for weight loss. She might well need it for constipation. Ask her.

Sherri

Post Mon, Aug 24 2009, 6:02 am
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:

This is no proof that she's using laxative for weight loss. She might well need it for constipation. Ask her.

Right, I said that.

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Aug 24 2009, 12:17 pm
asking her won't tell you anything, if she is using it for weight loss, she will most probably deny it

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Aug 24 2009, 12:18 pm
one other thing, many times people with eating disorders (anorexia or bulimia) can suffer from constipation, so one can be taking laxatives for constipation, but also have issues with an eating disorder indirectly related.

blahblah

Post Mon, Aug 24 2009, 4:24 pm
agreeing here with health is a virtue - a - she will deny it so asking her won't do anything and b - even if she is using it for constipation - if she has a real constipation problem she needs to see a GI. OTC laxatives are meant for a once in a blue moon - not on a regular basis. it is really dangerous to use it regularly and if she brought it to your house while she was by you on shabbat then it wasnt for occasional constipation....I think you need to do something before it gets worse

Sherri

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 10:55 am
3 years later- I just noticed laxatives again. This time I know it's hers. As someone pointed out, using laxatives even for constipation for long-term isn't good.

I don't know what to think. Confused While she is 3 years older and technically an adult, she is not very mature and very very weight conscious (and savvy, too, so I wouldn't trust her.) Do I just butt out?

Sherri

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 11:07 am
Size 2.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise