Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Starting the south beach diet...menu ideas?

NewYorkgal31

Post Sat, May 05 2012, 10:27 pm
Hi,

I am starting the south beach diet....does anyone have tips or advice? I guess what I am looking for is prepared menu ideas.

Thanks!!!

cbt

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 4:35 am
I just started too! I work full time and am also trying to figure out what I can make ahead. I already bought scnitzel that I froze in individual servings that I can defrost and grill and eat with salad. I'm probably gonna do omelettes for lunch because I get to come home during the day. Breakfast is plain, fat free yogurt with splenda and/or hardboiled eggs. Snacks are nuts at work and 70% bittersweet chocolate or tofutti bar at night for my sweet cravings.
I'm looking for some kind of stew, chili recipe that I can make ahead and reheat. I'm also probably gonna buy some fish for milchig nights.
Good luck!

sarahd

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 5:51 am
OP, are you home during the day or do you work like cbt?

I am a SAHM, so I do scrambled eggs for breakfast, with either an Israeli salad or else a vegetable mixed into the eggs (spinach, broccoli, letcho, peppers, mushrooms and onions.)

For snacks: peanuts, celery sticks with chumus, low fat cheese (either cottage or hard). I happen to nosh on lox too, because we were able to buy a lot very cheap, but don't recommend it because of the cost. Sometimes olives or cucumbers. I also make a big pot of cabbage soup that I nosh on when cravings overcome me, with a dollop of fat-free white cheese.

Lunch: usually a big salad - and I mean BIG; I make it in a vegetable serving bowl - either tuna with tomatoes, cucumbers, pickles, mayo or grilled chicken or turkey breast over lettuce and tomatoes with a ginger-soy dressing.

Supper: Again grilled or broiled chicken (I cheated and used dark meat chicken too, with the skin and fat removed) and lots of steamed vegetables. I also ate quite a bit of lean steak. Also broiled salmon. Everything with lots of vegetables.

NewYorkgal31

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 6:44 pm
well looks like the south beach is not gonna work for me....I have been feeling hungry and irritable for 2 days....doesn't seem fair to DH...lol....going to go back to something I did a few years ago.

sarahd

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 4:09 am
What were you eating? I also had a problem the first day or two, but after that I was fine.

Liebs

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 2:30 am
You guys are so inspiring! I want join you Smile

I have no patience to read and understand phases...
bottom line what can I eat?!?
Is it just protein and vegies?
Can I have any fruit?
WHat's story with fats (mayo/olive oil/nuts?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

and about being grumpy and being fair to husbands, I warn my husband that I need to sleep a LOT the first week or 2 of diet then I'll be on a better path and will do it happily and he'll get a thinner wife but more importantly who doesnt' complain that I have nothing to wear and feel gross!! so keep it up

sarahd

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 5:24 am
Search "South Beach diet" on this site and you'll come up with threads that explain the diet and the permitted/forbidden foods.

amother

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 5:38 am
NewYorkgal31 wrote:
well looks like the south beach is not gonna work for me....I have been feeling hungry and irritable for 2 days....doesn't seem fair to DH...lol....going to go back to something I did a few years ago.

Don't give up! It takes the body a few days to get used to it. You will start feeling better in the next day or two. I think it's worth trying for a little longer because it really does work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise