Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Help me be creative with my pancake idea

saweetie

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 1:35 pm
I had a crazy idea to use a pancake recipe I have (really good puffy pancakes) as a base for some kind of milchig dish for shavuos. pancake souffle'? dessert? any ideas??

wereafamily

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 3:30 pm
yummm - would love to hear what others have to say!

crl

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 3:59 pm
Pancake cheesecake? Make the crust out of a pancake? Or even better, make MINI pancakes and make them the base in mini cheesecakes! Like in muffin tins!

Hot pancakes topped with ice cream and guests can add their own toppings? Like berries, chocolate, etc.

Pancake cake? Frost in between pancakes and pile them up and then drip chocolate ganache over it.

Pancake eclairs - roll up pancakes and fill with custard or whipped cream and then dip or drizzle in chocolate.

I don't know how practical these suggestions are, but they sure made me hungry. Smile

jewels

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 4:11 pm
My mil makes a stacked pancake cheesecake, it's basically oversized pancakes stacked with no bake cheesecake filling in between the pancakes. I think she makes them around 8 layers? Then she. Drizzles it with strawberry sauce. These would definitely be cute in mini also!

saweetie

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 1:45 am
jewels wrote:
My mil makes a stacked pancake cheesecake, it's basically oversized pancakes stacked with no bake cheesecake filling in between the pancakes. I think she makes them around 8 layers? Then she. Drizzles it with strawberry sauce. These would definitely be cute in mini also!

Yummm can you get me an exact recipe?

saweetie

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 1:46 am
crl wrote:
Pancake cheesecake? Make the crust out of a pancake? Or even better, make MINI pancakes and make them the base in mini cheesecakes! Like in muffin tins!

Hot pancakes topped with ice cream and guests can add their own toppings? Like berries, chocolate, etc.

Pancake cake? Frost in between pancakes and pile them up and then drip chocolate ganache over it.

Pancake eclairs - roll up pancakes and fill with custard or whipped cream and then dip or drizzle in chocolate.

I don't know how practical these suggestions are, but they sure made me hungry. Smile

Love the ideas! but would the pancakes have2 be made last minute u think?

jewels

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:18 pm
saweetie wrote:
jewels wrote:

Sure! She's on vacation now so I'll prob get it in a week or so. I'll post or pm you when I get it.

milchigs

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:20 pm
crl wrote:

crl, you are making me droooooooool!

Sherri

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:23 pm
jewels wrote:
saweetie wrote:
jewels wrote:

Sure! She's on vacation now so I'll prob get it in a week or so. I'll post or pm you when I get it.
Wow, please post so we can all benefit!! Maybe create a new thread...

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:48 pm
Sherri wrote:
jewels wrote:
saweetie wrote:
jewels wrote:

mmmmm!
can we get the op's fluffy pancake recipe and jewels mil's recipe for the filling and strawberry sauce? and how much in advance does she assemble this?!

saweetie

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 1:19 am
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/f......aspxWeb Page Name

Here is the fluffy pancakes. They are awesome!!! I use canola oil instead of butter and sometimes I use whole wheat which is also great.

jewels

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 1:31 am
Blueberry Muffin wrote:
Sherri wrote:
jewels wrote:
saweetie wrote:
jewels wrote:

mmmmm!
can we get the op's fluffy pancake recipe and jewels mil's recipe for the filling and strawberry sauce? and how much in advance does she assemble this?!

Very Happy
I will definitely post when I get it. I'm almost positive she assembled this in advance and then drizzled with strawberry sauce right before serving.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 2:35 am
Here's a great idea: http://realmomkitchen.com/489/.....akes/

And you can fill it with anything...

bamamama

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 2:45 am
http://smittenkitchen.com/2012.....otch/

I just put it on my Shavuos menu.

jewels

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 3:03 pm
Ok so here it is! Sorry it took so long!
Batter:
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
4 Tablespoons oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
Make the pancakes a little thick so they will easier to work with as layers.

Filling:
2 containers cottage cheese (she says they're the Israeli size containers)
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla

Put the filling in between the layers of pancakes. It stacks quite high so don't put too much filling in between or eIse the layers start to slip and slide off of each other!

Topping:
Spread sour cream (plain or with a little sugar - whatever you prefer) on top and also the sides, like you would frost a cake. Just ebfore serving top fresh fruit sliced strawberries; blueberries - or whatever fruit you prefer, then drizzle with strawberry sauce or chocolate syrup. It slices very pretty because you see the layers inside - Must be refrigerated.

crl

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 3:54 pm
Yum!! OP, sorry I forgot to reply last month, I lost the thread haha.

Anyways, my mom always makes crepes in advance, so I don't see why you can't make SOME of the pancakes the day before, but fresh is always better I think -- it just tastes so yummy coming right off the pan.

I also made these recently: http://www.recipegirl.com/2011.....akes/

They aren't so pretty, but they were DELICIOUS. You can just take the cinnamon swirl part and use regular instant pancake batter, also.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics