Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Friend and I want to help each other

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 12:25 pm
My friend and I are both overweight. We've both tried to lose weight but simply haven't managed. I don't know about her, but for me its cuz I am stuck at home all the time with small kids, I guess I'm bored and comfort eating a lot of the time. I hate the way I look but just can't stop myself from reaching out for something filling/unhealthy.

What can me and my friend do to help each other to lose weight? Have you ever partnered with someone else to lose weight? What helps? What works? I know what is healthy and I know what I should and shouldn't eat, so its not ignorance. I've just lost all self-control.

Please help. Crying

SS6099

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 12:52 pm
Food journals work well- write everything down and each of you review the other's.
Also, if possible, partner up to exercise, or at least challenge each other.
Inspire each other and check up on a daily basis.

zissy2004

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 12:53 pm
well by me nothing helped until I joined OA and im doing it with a friend and the support is immeasurable!

Good luck whatever you decide!

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 12:56 pm
My friend and I call each other every night, and have to tell the other every single thing we ate that day, it totally works! Even if you are not following a diet. It also causes us to have to keep a food log which helps by itself. Good luck!

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 1:04 pm
You, and your friend are definitely going in the right direction. Having a diet buddy is essential to weight-loss. You can encourage each other to eat well, and exercise. A journal is a must. You may feel silly at first, but count, and weigh/measure your foods. Figure out a good calorie max for the both of you. It will depend on your current height, weight, age, and activity level. Measure each other every week. Sometimes you will lose inches, instead of pounds. Doing this together is the smartest thing you can do to be successful in this diet. I wish you the best of luck!

*Moral support is a key factor in weight-loss success. I had a client who lost 15 pounds in such a short time, because she exercised, journalized her meals, and snacks, and had a lot of support from her family, and friends.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise