Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
NOOOOOOOO!!!! Trader Joe's Chips Going Dairy
Previous  1  2  3  4

granolamom

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 3:44 pm
chizuk wrote:
if only we reacted the same way to hashems wake up calls and the tzaros of klal yisroel, its chocolate chips for goodness sake, there are other brands. use our koach to daven to end this galus instead of fighting trader joe company. get our priorities straight!

we could all be saying tehillim rather than posting on imamother too Very Happy

personally, I use my TJ's chips for kovod shabbos. my kids love my shabbos desserts and look forward to it all week. nothing wrong with seeking out the finest chips for shabbos. Its ok to have 'little problems' too. nobody's saying this is of tragic proportion. I mean, I *think* the choc chip asifa comment was a joke....

bigsis144

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 3:55 pm
chizuk wrote:
if only we reacted the same way to hashems wake up calls and the tzaros of klal yisroel, its chocolate chips for goodness sake, there are other brands. use our koach to daven to end this galus instead of fighting trader joe company. get our priorities straight!

It's easy to shoot off a single email to Trader Joe's or hit "like" on a facebook page, and I don't think it takes away from my ability to daven, either a short "please Hashem, send them a refu'ah" when I see a choleh's name, or adding someone to my tehillim list or making changes to my middos and behavior for personal or social betterment.

Something like "keep the chocolate chips pareve!" is much easier to be vocal about BECAUSE it's relatively "meaningless". Writing a letter to the government about Jonathan Pollard or gay marriage (or pick your hot-button topic) actually requires THOUGHT, because the issues are complicated enough not to make me want to just sign a statement written by someone else and formulate my own opinions.

In short, chocolate is easy to be passionate about.

Chill. Very Happy

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 4:00 pm
granolamom wrote:
chizuk wrote:

we could all be saying tehillim rather than posting on imamother too Very Happy

personally, I use my TJ's chips for kovod shabbos. my kids love my shabbos desserts and look forward to it all week. nothing wrong with seeking out the finest chips for shabbos. Its ok to have 'little problems' too. nobody's saying this is of tragic proportion. I mean, I *think* the choc chip asifa comment was a joke....

Of course it was a joke! I guess I shoulda put in a smiley Very Happy.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics