Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How to stick to my diet over shavuos??

ianaii

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 1:29 pm
How am I gna do it???? I know I am gna cave in and eat tons of cheesecake and other fattening foods! I love dairy.......

Help!!

mha3484

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 1:47 pm
It all depends on your personality and level of self control. If you are the type that can eat small amounts of food and not gorge I would allow yourself so many bites of cheesecake or whatever appeals to you. If you don't feel like that is possible then maybe someone else can offer advice.

Personally, I am the type who can eat a few bites and get up from the table. I keep to a specific diet for health reasons mainly and it has the added benefit of maintaining my weight at a number I am comfortable with. Yomtov is always a killer. I have learned though that I can have a few bites of the fattening stuff but I need to exercise major moderation. DH also encourages me to make salad for a snack or eat fruit and veggies between meals instead of nosh. I try to buy new and interesting fruits to keep around the house so I can have something that feels festive and not boring.

ianaii

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 2:17 pm
You are so lucky then, as I am the opposite and have really bad self control....

Also, I will be surrounded by husbands family who have the "eat ! eat! it is yom tov!" mentality

good luck to me!

SS6099

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 2:22 pm
First and foremost, you can’t look at food as the enemy. If you do, you’ll end up binging. My best advice is to allow yourself one thing each meal that you truly want and savor each and every bite. Hopefully that will satisfy you and you won’t go for more.
Deprivation is a recipe for disaster.

mha3484

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 2:26 pm
Hatzlacha I am sorry that they don't get it. Can you take good walks during the day? That might help burn off some of the calories and get you out of the house so you feel less pressure to nosh between meals.

SS6099

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 2:40 pm
ianaii wrote:
You are so lucky then, as I am the opposite and have really bad self control....

Also, I will be surrounded by husbands family who have the "eat ! eat! it is yom tov!" mentality

good luck to me!

Yes- go out for walks. As much as you can! And make salads, and have sorbet or ices available.
Get lots of reading material to keep you busy too.
If you're busy, you won't have the urge to eat as much...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise