Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Include my contact info on projects I create?

gp2.0

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 1:33 pm
I have recently started a writing business and I'm wondering if it would make sense to include my company name and contact info in tiny letters at the bottom of a resume.

I don't feel that my contact info belongs on a business letter.

On an advertising pamphlet I would definitely put it.

But on resumes I'm undecided. Input?

kb

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 1:40 pm
I would think if I would see a resume with a writer's name on it I would think something like 'why does she need a professional to make her look good?' I'd say leave it off because it probably makes the person look better without showing that someone else was involved in making the resume.

Sherri

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 1:49 pm
I agree with kb. Leave it out.

cm

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 1:59 pm
Contact info usually goes at the top of a resume. Put whatever contact info you want people to have. Won't the name of your business and so on be part of your resume?

eatingbagels

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 9:17 pm
Are you talking about helping someone else with a resume and putting your contact info on bottom?
I'm assuming the resume owner would delete that. Hopefully. No one should openly advertise that she got help with her resume to a potential employer, even if we all know that everyone did.

gp2.0

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 9:22 pm
Ok, that's what I figured too. Thanks for the input. It would have been an easy way to advertise my services, but I'll have to think of another.

(To the pp who asked: I write resumes.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics