Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Lashon Hara Alert
Previous  1  2

Motek

Post Sun, Jul 03 2005, 9:01 pm
do we want to know what it says on the bottom?

roza

Post Sun, Jul 03 2005, 9:15 pm
jewish telegraph

Post Tue, Jul 05 2005, 5:49 pm
You know what I did last night?!? I called the shemiras halashon hotline. There's a hotline run by the chofetz chaim heritage foundation. you can call it if you have any L"H questions. (the number is listed in A Lesson a Day). I had a question of whether I could tell my husband info. about someone... it's a long story... maybe I'll share it another time. but I called the hotline, told them the case, and the Rav told me what to do! it was really cool!

Tefila

Post Sat, Jan 21 2006, 8:55 pm
Quote:
but I called the hotline, told them the case, and the Rav told me what to do! it was really cool!

Thank-You for that info 613 Wink

ruth

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 11:28 pm
I think we should make this Shmiras Halashon our opening page that everyone has to agree to before logging in Idea

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 5:14 am
Are we then allowed to read the newspapers? Listen to the news? All this is LH too.

613 what was the answer can we tell our husbands? Wink

Blossom

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 9:57 am
GR, I would've called up the Radio station.

Supermom, that's a great question, I wonder too if we are allowed to listen and read the news which is full of LH and Hatzoas Shem Ra (because many things in the media are blown up, exaggerated, changed or missing details or just plain false)

Motek

Post Tue, Aug 01 2006, 5:04 pm
watch this 3 min. video from aish.com about gossip:

http://www.projectinspireonlin.....1.asp

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 5:23 pm
Quote:
In the Jewish world today, much focus is given to not speaking gossip, lashon hara. The Torah prohibits us from speaking negatively about others, even when it's true, except in cases when one must protect a third party (such as a prospective business partner) from being harmed. To refrain from speaking lashon hara is an exalted spiritual accomplishment.

Much less emphasis is given to the other side of the coin -- speaking well about others. Of course, if you praise A to B, who dislikes A, B is likely to respond with a string of pejorative lashon hara: "She's not really so great. Why, I've seen her do x." As always, you must be circumspect about to whom you say what.

With that caution in mind, however, each of us could probably triple the amount of good we speak about every day.

http://www.aish.com/societyWor.....s.asp

Crayon210

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 5:31 pm
That is a hard thing, saying good things that you know will bring about a bad reaction. Confused

It would be a good idea to focus on the positive!

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 5:58 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
That is a hard thing, saying good things that you know will bring about a bad reaction. Confused

what do you mean?
you are not ALLOWED to say positive things if you know it will bring on a bad reaction and that is avak lashon hara, I think
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics