Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
5 yrd old son has HARD TIME FALLING ASLEEP. SENSORY??

amother

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 11:24 am
Hi
my son has some sensory issues and has a super hard time falling asleep. I put my other kids to bed and it could be an 1 1/2 later and he is still up! we do some pushing pulling exercises with him before bed. keep the room dark and cool. what else is there? its driving me crazzzzy . he is up sooo late and tired the next morning

imasinger

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 1:56 pm
Do you have an OT working with him? Ask for ideas. Sometimes, a weighted blanket or a session with hard pressure can help a kid to relax.

grin

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 2:14 pm
one of mine had a toothache at that age that turned out to be the problem.

c.c.cookie

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 2:20 pm
Could definitely be sensory related. It's possible he's over-stimulated and needs some calming exercises before bed. But I know that a sensory child can also have a hard time switching gears from wake to sleep and sleep to wake. Ask your OT.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)