Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
This is what my dd's Lakewood school sent out to all parents
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 10:14 am
marina wrote:
Quote:
There are so many Dirachim out there I expect my children to be taught something I don't hold of. That is why I have discussions with my children to teach them my derech. If a parent chooses not to have such discussions with their children that is their loss.

Well, if you put so much responsibility on the parents and so little on the school, why not just send to public school and teach your values to your children? Do you really think your kids are not influenced by their school and peers at least as much as they are by your explanations?

Also, what about the English studies?

I have no intention when my children come home from school to start teaching them 4 hours of limudei kodesh, my children learn a lot more then values.

I also prefer that my kids go to school with kids that are similar to them. I also know that my children will not be taught evolution as a fact, relations ed and I don't want them in a co-ed environment. I also enjoy that my kids follow the Jewish calendar and so much more.

Their English studies are fine my DD will be able to go to college if she wants to.

Yes I do feel my kids are influenced by their school and peers and that is 100% why I would not send my children to public school.

shlomitsmum

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 12:23 pm
marina wrote:
Quote:
But I think, whose fault is it that some girls walk around in tight fitted clothes, that are too short or too loud in color, who is buying the clothes if not the mothers? If men look at these girls, and have a single bad thought, the sin is on the girl/woman. Who is to blame? The mother, for buying the clothing. We learned that as halacha, by the way, without any scary stories.

Dementedox.

If men look at girls and think "bad" thoughts, the sin is on the girl? What is wrong with you? Do the men in your community have no sense of responsibility, of achrayus for their own conduct? Are they just savages who can't control themselves? What of a man who has bad thoughts about a ten or twelve year old? Isn't he a pedophile? Are the girls responsible for pedophiles too?

This is like saying, if I think or say lashon hora- it is your fault because you wore that ugly dress or said that stupid thing or posted something idiotic in a public forum. Or if I'm jealous or angry or any other negative character trait- that is your fault too for making me sin. Our girls are being trained that everything is their fault and then we wonder why people stay in abusive marriages.

I, as a mother, buy my kids normal appropriate clothing- short sleeves in the summer and skirts that they can ride their bikes in. My older daughter sometimes wears outfits somewhat above the knee. And any guy who thinks bad thoughts is a pervert and no, it's not my fault that there are sickos in this world.

We need to start a support group: Friends Don't Let Friends Smoke Crack and Post Online. I need a catchy name, though.

I LOVE IT !!!

along with my personal label ... "glamthodox" I used it sarcasticly once when I got mussar for looking too fancy at a park by a borderline burka rebbetzin who felt my coach "headband" was too colorful to be tznius Rolling Eyes

It was a scorching humid day ..there was I shvitzing In hose , long sleeves etc and this woman gives me the mussar ...
I see you are frum she said , well your heardband is too colorful and "showy" it costted me $15 bucks at the outlet and it covered a bald spot on a expiring sheitl .

Punch line ....she had FERRAGAMO loafers on and a ST john cardigan LOL . I just smiled and said thanx my shitta is "glamthodox" .
and I could buy 10 scarfs for the price of your shoes , and a cheaper sheitel with your cardigan. next time think before you talk .

It was a rare moment of public assertiveness Tongue Out

amother

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 1:08 pm
shlomitsmum wrote:

I LOVE IT !!!

along with my personal label ... "glamthodox" I used it sarcasticly once when I got mussar for looking too fancy at a park by a borderline burka rebbetzin who felt my coach "headband" was too colorful to be tznius Rolling Eyes

It was a scorching humid day ..there was I shvitzing In hose , long sleeves etc and this woman gives me the mussar ...
I see you are frum she said , well your heardband is too colorful and "showy" it costted me $15 bucks at the outlet and it covered a bald spot on a expiring sheitl .

Punch line ....she had FERRAGAMO loafers on and a ST john cardigan LOL . I just smiled and said thanx my shitta is "glamthodox" .
and I could buy 10 scarfs for the price of your shoes , and a cheaper sheitel with your cardigan. next time think before you talk .

In Toronto??

shlomitsmum

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 1:40 pm
amother wrote:
shlomitsmum wrote:

I LOVE IT !!!

In Toronto??

No, it happened in the USA
But I have encounterd local characters online specially because of my blog .....I have gotten e-mail invites to join study groups on Tznius , because many feel shells and layering dresses are not Tznius Sad

thanx for asking!
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children