Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Lace front wigs

shev143

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:38 am
I recently went to a store in kings plaza selling these wigs. I tried one on and it looks super natural - and great in a pony, which I would love to get for the summer. Only problem? I have light brown hair with blondish highlights and the wigs are either very dark or red or very blond with black highlights. Anyone know where I can purchase one either online or in Brooklyn area with colors that would better fit me?
Also, can I care for a synthetic wig by myself..is it harder or easier than human?
By the way - the goal is to spend under 100 if possible- otherwise can buy from mimis looks a human hair one.

Bella:D

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 8:18 am
I don't think a synthetic wig will be looking natural for very long, I would give it a couple of weeks depending how often you wear it. You're probably much better off with one of Mimi's wigs.

MamaBear

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 9:04 am
How long do you need the wig to last?

shev143

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 3:18 pm
I would just want it for an off the face pony.
I was hoping it would last 1 year

shev143

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 9:48 am
so is it not a good idea ?
I just have never really seen wigs look so natural at the hairline and in a pony - they lie so flat that I would be able to make a high pony without a bump at the nape of the neck

supermom!

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 10:17 am
I have a lace front. Not a synthetic, but VERY realistic looking. The thing that I didnt realize (although I was warned repeatedly about), is that it take a lot of care. You have to get it changed every so often becuase its so delicate and you really have to be careful who you take it to to wash because most sheitel machers have no experience taking care of them. But I guess if its sythetic its not such a big deal. I would go for it!

shev143

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 12:30 pm
supermom, where did you purchase it

MamaBear

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 12:40 pm
My only thought is that while the lace front might be more realistic, the kind on very cheap synthetics are not so great. The lace is somewhat visible and the hair is (obviously) poor quality. When pulled back it might be fine though. Go to a store and try some on.

supermom!

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 2:43 pm
shev143 wrote:
supermom, where did you purchase it

Mine is a featherlite, which im very happy with and would highly recommend, but maybe not as your first lace front purchase. If you have never worn a lace front then it would seem like a better idea to try out the cheapest one you can get first (as long as it still looks real-ish).

FraidelR

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 3:04 pm
http://www.iwig.com/ Sells lace front wigs. They have an office in Boro Park.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels