Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Please, Please, Please be safe

Sara255

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 5:54 am
Hi. It's almost Thursday again, and I wanted to tell people what happened to me last Thursday as a reminder to please please please practice kitchen safety.

On Thursday afternoon I was cruising through my Shabbos cooking, while shmoozing with my aunt on the phone and my baby was sleeping. I was browning chicken in oil for some fancy recipe, and my baby started crying. Naturally, I started rushing, but because I wasn't paying enough attention from being on the phone, I plopped a big piece of chicken into the oil, and plopped my hand in as well.

It hurt more than my c-section! (I mean the recovery, I wasn't awake for the actual surgery Very Happy ) The agony!!!!! It was unbearable. Suffice it to say it wasn't only my baby who was screaming....
Baruch Hashem the burn is not nearly as bad as they originally thought it would be- we thought it covered my whole palm but it doesn't, only the thumb area from the upper knuckle down past the wrist. Although the burns were second degree, they are already healing very nicely.

Ladies, PLEASE be safe. Babies scream and naturally it makes us want to drop everything, and phones ring and naturally we want to talk. We are efficient and speed through our tasks, and we turn on the heat very high so that we can go even faster. But we really need to have more awareness when we are cooking.

chani8

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 6:59 am
Refuah shlaima, Sara!!!

sped

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 7:56 am
Thank you. You make a very good point. RS!

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 8:45 am
Refuah shaleima!

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 9:48 am
Refuah Shelaima!
thanks for posting this warning!

MGmom

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 11:26 am
Aww... hope ur feeling better now! Hug

Simple1

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 12:26 pm
I hope you feel better soon!
I just wanted to point out another helpful tip is to immediately flush the burned part with cool water - it stops the skin from becoming even more burnt from the retained heat.

fruitsalad

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 12:33 pm
Thank you for posting!! the thursday night scene is familiar lol

Refuha Shelaima
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics