Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Milano getting better? Sophia getting worse?

Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 9:11 pm
Sheital macher today told me the above. Anyone have any experience w/ these? She claims the Milanos are higher quality than they used to be and Sophias initially seemed like a good deal, but didn't pass the time test. Can anyone confirm/beg to differ? My price range is obviously less than $1,000 (but want it to last > one year - I know, I'm really reaching!)

September June

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 9:29 pm
I would stay far away from Milano.
Mazali by Fortune Wigs are priced under 1,000 and generally last between 3-5 years. They come with a 1 year money back guarantee (and they have excellent customer service). They occasionally run sales where you can find a wig for less than $500 (without the money back guarantee).

de_goldy

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 9:46 pm
Another vote for stay away from Milano.

Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 9:50 pm
Ok.... I was told by this SM that they "used" to be worse and now they're much better. So when you say to stay away from the Milano, are you referring to a problem with an "old" Milano or a "new" one? (let's say new is within the past 3 years)

And any thoughts on Sophia?

September June

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 9:56 pm
A relative got a milano last year. She wore it less than 5 times and hair started falling out. Don't know about Sophia but I know plenty of happy Mazali customers.

de_goldy

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 9:58 pm
Yes, within the last three years. And their customer service is non-existent.

September June

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 10:14 pm
For your reading pleasure, read this thread.
http://imamother.com/forum/sea.....450f#
That thread is from last year.

Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 10:15 pm
September June wrote:
For your reading pleasure, read this thread.
http://imamother.com/forum/sea.....450f#
That thread is from last year.

I did :-)

Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 10:29 pm
Ok... looked up Mazali and they do look beautiful. Do they last the 5 years, as claimed on the website?

And if anyone has Sophia experience, please do share.

sky

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 11:01 pm
The sophia from Baltimore?

Someone ate at my house with a really long one from last year. It looked amazing, like a high end sheitel. I think she is happy with it. It could be it knots a lot, but it is very very long.

I got a Mazali on sale (14", $350, no guarantee). It is now almost 2 years old and I am very happy with it. I probably should wash it more often and it would look better but I do get compliments on it when "dirty". It is a straight coarse hair, it looks Chinese, but it holds a style pretty well, after a wash it is soft, but after a while it feels coarser. I think that makes it look more natural because its not as perfect. The bangs hold up great. There is a lot of hair. The color stayed dark black, it didn't turn reddish at all. I expected it to last me 2 years, but it is still going strong. Supposedly the newer Mazalis have more body.
I saw this post about Mazalis on imamother. http://www.fashion-isha.com/20......html

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 10:44 am
The people I know who have had the Sophias for a couple years and wear them regularly are not happy.

Orchid

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 11:52 am
September June wrote:
A relative got a milano last year. She wore it less than 5 times and hair started falling out. Don't know about Sophia but I know plenty of happy Mazali customers.

Do you know anything about the "hechsher" of the Mazali (a la Indian idol worship)? Or is that an old issue and not relevant anymore?

September June

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 11:53 am
Orchid wrote:
Ok... looked up Mazali and they do look beautiful. Do they last the 5 years, as claimed on the website?

And if anyone has Sophia experience, please do share.

My sister has her Mazali for at least 3 maybe 4 years. She's happy with it (not HAPPY but happy).

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 5:20 pm
Im very happy with my 1.5 yr old Milano. Its a pony and in amazing condition.

llsl

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 9:00 pm
Iknow someone who has a sophia and is very happy with it.
I looked into mazali they look great but they are not so cheap it was 960 plus tax which came out to 1040 plus an additional 300 for the cut.
Also, I asked the someone there about it she said she has it for 4 years but after 1 1/2 years she started to put work into it.
now I am looking into bh wigs cause they are having a sale its under 1000 and only 50 dollars for the cut and a lot of my friends have it and love it

Orchid

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 9:09 pm
llsl wrote:
Iknow someone who has a sophia and is very happy with it.
I looked into mazali they look great but they are not so cheap it was 960 plus tax which came out to 1040 plus an additional 300 for the cut.
Also, I asked the someone there about it she said she has it for 4 years but after 1 1/2 years she started to put work into it.
now I am looking into bh wigs cause they are having a sale its under 1000 and only 50 dollars for the cut and a lot of my friends have it and love it

I live OOT so a good deal on the cut would not help me, since I"d have to have the piece shipped to me and then have it cut where I live. But thanks! Tell me more about BH!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels