Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Have you lost weight on Weight Watchers Points Plus system?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 11:35 pm
b from nj wrote:
Yes I do the elliptical 5x/wk generally.

How long and how much calories a session? I do the elliptical also about the same number of times and I not losing weight fast enough. I was thinking of a diet. It is not easy.

b from nj

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 11:42 pm
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:

How long and how much calories a session? I do the elliptical also about the same number of times and I not losing weight fast enough. I was thinking of a diet. It is not easy.

I do WWs & the elliptical & I alternate between 30 & 45 minutes a day & I do it with different resistances that are pre-programmed on my machine. I don't eat the exercise points that I am entitled to on the pointsPlus program b/c when I do, I don't lose weight. I do eat most if not all of my 49 weekly points.

I feel it's helpful to do both. I also used to do videos (back in the day) or DVDs but it's been years since I've done those. I just enjoy the elliptical even though I know that I SHOULD probably change things up a bit...

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 11:48 pm
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:

I do WWs & the elliptical & I alternate between 30 & 45 minutes a day & I do it with different resistances that are pre-programmed on my machine. I don't eat the exercise points that I am entitled to on the pointsPlus program b/c when I do, I don't lose weight. I do eat most if not all of my 49 weekly points.

I feel it's helpful to do both. I also used to do videos (back in the day) or DVDs but it's been years since I've done those. I just enjoy the elliptical even though I know that I SHOULD probably change things up a bit...

So if you exercise, you get more food? You make good sense not to take it. Do you think out would make sense to do a liquid diet (protein shakes) for a week or two and then start this program? I would do like you do. I am floundering. I am not OP.

b from nj

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 11:53 pm
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:

So if you exercise, you get more food? You make good sense not to take it. Do you think out would make sense to do a liquid diet (protein shakes) for a week or two and then start this program? I would do like you do. I am floundering. I am not OP.

I cannot imagine being able to deal with a liquid diet. I like to EAT Twisted Evil !!! That's how I got to WWs in the first place Tongue Out !!!!!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 24 2012, 12:03 am
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:

I cannot imagine being able to deal with a liquid diet. I like to EAT Twisted Evil !!! That's how I got to WWs in the first place Tongue Out !!!!!

You're funny. I guess the jumpstart idea is not so good. I will try the points since the exercise is not helping so much.

b from nj

Post Tue, Jul 24 2012, 8:42 am
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:

You're funny. I guess the jumpstart idea is not so good. I will try the points since the exercise is not helping so much.

I recommend going to a meeting to get the support & learn about the new program. Do WWs together with exercise & hopefully you will be successful.

Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 24 2012, 9:09 am
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:

I recommend going to a meeting to get the support & learn about the new program. Do WWs together with exercise & hopefully you will be successful.

Hatzlacha!

I am terribly shy. When I was a little girl I went with my mother to the meetings. They announced weight loss publicly. Do they still do that? I would want to dig a hole and crawl in.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 9:52 pm
amother wrote:
I put in my recipes for anything I make my family and figure out how much a serving size I can eat.

This is stressing me out. I feel like I don't have a good judgement of portions when I mix things and make recipes.

My question is: How do you calculate points for the recipes you make?

b from nj

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 10:10 pm
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:

Hatzlacha!

I am terribly shy. When I was a little girl I went with my mother to the meetings. They announced weight loss publicly. Do they still do that? I would want to dig a hole and crawl in.

NOOOOO, they surely DON'T do that. They have you step on the scale & both you & the receptionist can see the weight. Until recently only the receptionist was able to see the weight & she would print it out & stick it into your book but lately they made it even more convenient where you can see EXACTLY what your weight is & the receptionist does not have to whisper to you (up a pound etc..). It's very discrete & they recently redecorated at many facilities where they have private booths for ppl. to weigh in. It has changed a LOT since the good ol' days when you went with mom!

Hatzlacha!

imamiri

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 10:46 pm
WW is amazing because there is no category of food that is totally off limits. It teachers you how to make healthy choices in type of food and portion.

I lost a lot on WW about 6 years ago. Put it back on after some life issues and now I am working on losing it all again. Even though I am not using WW, I still have the lessons I learned from them in mind when I make food choices.

And please, make sure you get exercise no matter what diet changes you make. It's so good for you and it really makes you feel better. Very Happy

WWLADY

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 10:49 am
I joined a little over a year ago - have lost about 27lbs to date, reached my goal and am a lifetime member since March. I find as long as I am very strict about tracking everything & portion sizes I am good. The greatest thing about WW is that you can have your favorite foods - it's the portion size. The plan also encouraged me to increase my activity level.

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 12:34 pm
WWLADY wrote:
I joined a little over a year ago - have lost about 27lbs to date, reached my goal and am a lifetime member since March. I find as long as I am very strict about tracking everything & portion sizes I am good. The greatest thing about WW is that you can have your favorite foods - it's the portion size. The plan also encouraged me to increase my activity level.

Does your screen name mean weight watchers lady?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise