Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Manhattan hotels

ffbmom

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 3:02 pm
We are planning a trip to NY. I would like to do a bit of shopping in Brooklyn for about half a day and spend the rest of the time in Manhattan. I thought that the best thing to do would be to find a hotel in the city, but they all seem to be exorbitant ($700??) Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Manhattan in a good location, near kosher restaurants and places to visit (we're oot) for about $200- or a coupon that will get us a hotel cheaper? Otherwise, how long would it take us to get to Manhattan to Avenue Plaza by subway? Thanks a ton.

Maya

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 3:40 pm
We often get 4-star hotels in the $200 range through Priceline.

simba

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 3:45 pm
Go to hotels.com, you will find nice hotels for alot cheaper.

ffbmom

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 7:11 am
So if I book online through priceline or some other venue, what is the neighbourhood called in Manhattan that is safe, has kosher restaurants (nothing too fancy) and is near attractions and shopping? Thanks.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 8:30 am
The centre neighborhood of manhattan that is near a lot of kosher restaurants is probably times square, broadway etc which is really expensive.

We stayed in a hotel called on the avenue, its a bit far out though, cheaper but not so fancy.

I agree with hotels.com, try http://www.mrandmrssmith.com/?.....509-3 they are great too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics