Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lancaster PA

hardworkingmommy

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 2:42 pm
Any suggestions for nice suites in this area?
And what can we do there with kids ranging from 2-6 yrs?
Are there any kosher restaurants or groceries in this area?
TIA Smile

Didi

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 3:09 pm
Dutch wonderland, perfect for that age. Buy tickets through the kosher food stand in lancanster

hardworkingmommy

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 3:19 pm
Didi wrote:
Dutch wonderland, perfect for that age. Buy tickets through the kosher food stand in lancanster

Where in Lancaster can I find the Kosher food stand?

sky

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 4:36 pm
dutch wonderland or hershey park. Check out the kosher lancaster web sit.
I think you can enter the park for 30 minutes on a guest pass to just buy food and leave.

chaya35

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 4:39 pm
eden resort, doubletree, willowvalley or country inn & suites

Ductchwonderland, krieders farm (make sure to make appt in advance), cherry crest farm, chocolate factory

amother

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 4:44 pm
I stayed at Willow Valley Inn. Loved it, very clean & nice, great price, playground etc.

Jughead

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:01 pm
Country Inn and Suites was nice - even had three Shacharis minyanim!
don't know how you can buy tickets from the kosher stand - it is inside the park?
but I bought discounted tickets for Hershey last summer in Giant. check the website - I saved $11 per ticket.

sky

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:13 pm
The kosher stands are in the parks. But you can still by food without buying park tickets. go to guest services and ask for a "shoppers pass" to visit 3 G's Pizza or Central PA's Kosher Mart without park admission.

Eden Resorts by Best Western is a great place to stay.

chaya35

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:16 pm
you can also buy discount tickets in the shul

hardworkingmommy

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 9:37 pm
Thanks everyone for ur information!
Someone mentioned to me that there is a potato chip factory there, does anyone know the name of it?
And is there any boating places in the area?

observer

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 9:41 pm
there are tons of potato chip and pretzel factory tours in the area. Herr's is one good one but there are lots.
There's also cherry crest farm which is amazing for kids that age.
there's the steam train ride.
there are horse and buggy rides, lots of them- look online. one is AAA buggy rides.
there is Amish farm and house, tour of the amish house and then attractions including farm animals, schoolhouse, corn maze, etc.
Choo choo barn- model train and miniature world
tours of farms with tractor wagon rides

octopus

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 9:59 pm
cherry crest farms was the best place we ever went to! we go back practically every year. it was by far better than dutch wonderland. there are so many activities and fun things to do- it's not just a farm. it's not a farm at all, really.
also- east lampeter park was a great, free place to go to. great playground and hiking trails.

octopus

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 10:24 pm
I just wanted to clarify- we did have a good time at dutch wonderland. they have a pass that you get to go the night before and then you can go again during the day. the day we went was super crowded (someone on the line said they never saw it this crowded before - we went the week between camp and school). little kids can't really do long lines so it was miserable.

STovah

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 10:29 pm
My friends had a great time at the Turkey Hill tour. If you are not makpid on cholov yisrael, they have ice cream samples too.

ceo

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 2:03 pm
verdant view farm is fun-- about a mile down the road from Strassbourg RR. don't pay attention to what it says on the website, I would just call and find out what activities they are doing on a particular day. My kids are still talking about the dog at that farm.

like the other poster, Cherry Crest Farm is a blast. It's not really a farm, more like a farm-themed park/playground (there is a farm there,but that's not an attraction there).

we went on a buggy ride from kitchen kettle village (a shopping area), and the buggy ride took us to a working amish dairy farm.that was really neat.

The Herr's potato chip factory is off I-95, about 45 minutes from Lancaster.

Be Aware: everything costs $$ (except the potato chip factory!) Be prepared to pay roughly $10-$15 per person for each activity you do. If you're on a tight budget (and who isn't) I would suggest being cheap on lodging (the above mentioned hotels are pricey) and spending more on activities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics