Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Looking for a career
Previous  1  2

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 6:51 pm
Deleted.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 2:57 am
Thanks, enneamom. No, I don't pay attention to my spelling. But when I work professionally (as a freelance writer- I could still do it but ugh, I hate it!) I always spell check my work. Duh! I feel like that was just a way for someone to make a rude remark.

Red amother above, thanks for that info. I had no idea that librarians needed masters, good to know! I'll scratch that one off the list for now, lol.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 4:56 am
amother wrote:
Thanks, enneamom. No, I don't pay attention to my spelling. But when I work professionally (as a freelance writer- I could still do it but ugh, I hate it!) I always spell check my work. Duh! I feel like that was just a way for someone to make a rude remark.

Red amother above, thanks for that info. I had no idea that librarians needed masters, good to know! I'll scratch that one off the list for now, lol.

There are jobs in libraries where you don't have to be a librarian. I am not sure of situation in Isreal. I worked in a law library without a masters. Also, not every person at the local libraries have a degree. Most don't in fact which are probably why do many are unemployed.

Gerbera

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 9:54 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

There are jobs in libraries where you don't have to be a librarian. I am not sure of situation in Isreal. I worked in a law library without a masters. Also, not every person at the local libraries have a degree. Most don't in fact which are probably why do many are unemployed.

I don't think that is why so many are unemployed - I'm a librarian and the people sitting behind information desks in libraries certainly do have master's degrees. The people checking out books and shelving them do not. I worked in Israel and you don't need a Master's degree for every library job there - there are cataloguing and acquisitions positions that dont require it. I've worked in libraries in Canada and England and found there to be no shortage of jobs in all kinds of libraries - public, school, academic, legal, medical, etc.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 1:26 am
Saw this on line, in case there are any librarians out there looking:

JOBS: Librarian

Posted by hrudolph_mji.edu Tuesday, 07 August 2012 3:26 PM

Reply by email | Forward | Online safety Share on email Share on print Share on favorites Share on twitter

Online college seeking an experienced librarian with a Masters in library sciences for a project upgrading their virtual library.
Familiarity with Judaic sources a must
Online experience a plus
Work from home

send resumes or inquiries to hrudolph@mji.edu
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics