Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Scheduling, Daycare, and Salary for teachers

amother

Post Tue, Aug 28 2012, 5:52 pm
For teachers that teach subjects by period (not elementary where it is all morning or all afternoon), what do you do if they give you a schedule where you teach 1st period and then 3rd or 4th period? If you have more than an hour in between and you have kids in daycare, then how is it worth it for you that you pay for all that extra time? does the school pay you for periods that you are in school, but not teaching? if they don't how do you manage to afford it?
I would like to know what to do since I don't think my schedule this year is fair and they will not pay me since there is more than one period in between. it is so inconvenient to pick up kid for an hour and then come back but otherwise I will be paying for an extra hour and a half at daycare. what should I do?

precious

Post Tue, Aug 28 2012, 9:24 pm
Have you tried speaking to them and explaining that this is not fair to you, and asking them to try and schedule your periods one after the other? You can also ask them if you can do something else during thos periods in between, such as teaching a different subject, tutoring, or something else that you can be paid for and won't be wasting your time.

Rodent

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 2:03 am
That is such a bizarre way to pay in my world. Here you get paid a yearly wage with a set number of classes that is considered full time (pro rata if you are part time, or by the day if you're casual). And part time is certain days, someone else teaches other days and the classes are shared, not all of certain classes but spread whenever.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics